Any nearly wed knows how expensive planning a wedding can be. Some costs—the price of the venue, the dress, the food… need we go on?—are to be expected, but a bill of $100-plus for table numbers?
Rolling up your sleeves and getting a little creative in some areas—think: table numbers, favors, a guest book, and even welcome bags—can really help cut costs. Plus, guests love seeing a little personality shine through in the wedding décor.
For those who are intimidated by the idea of crafting anything (let alone for something as important as a wedding), fear not: This affordable DIY couldn’t be any easier—and it’s just as pretty as anything you can find on Etsy.
WATCH: InStyle Weddings & Real Simple DIY table numbers for a wedding or special occasion
What You’ll Need:
- 3-by-4-inch white or natural wood frame
- Metallic gold acrylic paint
- Number stencils
- Ivory cardstock
- Mod Podge
- Foam craft brush
- Pressed flowers
1. Remove the glass from the picture frame and set aside. Paint frame with three coats of acrylic paint, letting dry approximately 20 minutes between each coat.
2. Tape stencil to the frame’s glass. Paint over the number. Let dry approximately 20 minutes before carefully removing the stencil.
3. Cut cardstock to 3-by-4-inches, to fit inside the frame. Using the foam brush, paint a thin layer of Mod Podge on the cardstock. Immediately place pressed flowers onto the cardstock to your liking. Let dry approximately 10 minutes.
4. Using the foam brush, paint another thin layer of Mod Podge over the pressed flowers. Let dry approximately 10 minutes.
5. Once everything has dried, place the cardstock (flower-side up) under the glass and reassemble the picture frame.