This article originally appeared on People. For more stories like this, visit people.com.

By PEOPLE.COM/Ale Russian
Updated Jan 26, 2018 @ 5:15 pm
Advertisement
Credit: Rich Polk/Getty Images

Chloe Grace Moretz wants to make her experience dealing with Louis C.K.‘s sexual misconduct allegations part of the broader movement against sexual harassment.

The actress was interviewed by Variety at the Sundance Film Festival about starring in C.K.’s now-scrapped movie I Love You Daddy. While Moretz previously said she “does not condone sexual misconduct” when initially distancing herself from the project in November, she wants to move forward instead of focusing on her experience.

“I could single-in and talk about my experience, but I think it’s more important to talk about the entire movement as a whole,” Moretz told Variety.

VIDEO: Here's What Tom Hanks Has to Say About Hollywood's Sexual Harassment Scandal

She continued pointing out the progress already being made just by having these conversations at major film festivals.

“I’m one of hundreds of thousands of women in so many different industries that has a story. You could ask anyone in this room and all of us could give you 10 stories, I’m sure,” Moretz said. “I think it’s just nice, the communication, and the fact that you asked this question at Sundance in a video suite, this never would have happened two years ago. So the fact that it’s a conversation and it’s a question is monumental, and I think that shouldn’t be looked past or looked over. We’ve all been through a lot of stuff, but at least we’re communicating and people are going to be held accountable.”

Moretz released a statement ahead of the release of the movie saying she had decided to pull out of promoting the film “after becoming aware of potential allegations against Louis C.K.”

“I was as appalled as everyone to read the allegations made in the New York Times,” she told the Los Angeles Times.

In November, The New York Times published a story featuring five women accusing Louis C.K. of sexual misconduct. The next day, the comedian issued a lengthy statement in which he said it was all true. “There is nothing about this that I forgive myself for,” he wrote. “And I have to reconcile it with who I am. Which is nothing compared to the task I left them with.”

HBO, Netflix, and FX were among the companies to quickly cut ties with C.K., as FX Productions canceled its overall deal with C.K.’s production company and he was removed from his role as executive producer on Baskets, Better Things, and the since-canceled One Mississippi.

This Story Originally Appeared On People