Pernille Loof/Art Department
The Vitolos’ Spaghetti with Garlic and Olive Oil
How to Make It
1. Bring 4 quarts of water to boil in a medium pot and add 1 tablespoon of salt.
2. Pour in spaghetti and cook for half as long as directed.
3. Remove a ladle of pasta water and set aside. Drain the spaghetti and set aside.
4. Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large pan that can accommodate all the spaghetti.
5. Add the garlic to the olive oil and sauté until slightly golden.
6. Add the parsley, crushed red pepper, pinch of salt, and ladle of pasta water to the garlic and olive oil.
7. Add the spaghetti and cook until the sauce reduces and the spaghetti is cooked through (approx. 2 min.).
8. Serve with grated Parmigiano-Reggiano.