How to Make It
1. Preheat your oven to 325°F. In the meantime, gather your various chosen toppings and have them ready to be used.
2. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper and then place two sheets of matzo in one layer onto each baking sheet.
3. In a medium saucepan, combine the dark brown sugar and butter and stir together over medium heat. Bring the mixture to a boil and then continue to cook for 2-3 more minutes until mixture has thickened, making sure to stir constantly in order to prevent the bottom from scorching. Pour the hot mixture over the matzo and spread into an even layer with a spatula.
4. Place the matzo in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes until the toffee on top of the matzo begins to bubble and turn a golden brown color. At this point, remove the baking sheet from the oven and sprinkle chocolate evenly over the matzo sheets. After a few minutes, the chocolate will begin to melt. Using a spatula, spread the melted chocolate evenly until the matzo is completely covered.
5. Immediately sprinkle your various toppings right on top of the chocolate while it is still warm and melted. Allow the brittle to cool completely until the chocolate has hardened. Break the brittle into smaller pieces and serve right away or store in an airtight container and have as snacks for up to a week.
Smile To Go