Johnny Fogg/ EH Management
Roast Duck with Chinese Celery, Lychees, Basil and Sweet Vinegar Dressing
How to Make It
1. Mix soy sauce, maltose, hoisin sauce, and oyster sauce in a bowl and set aside.
2. Trim off extra fat from duck breasts, flip the breasts skin-side down, and remove the silver skin and tenderloin.
3. Pour marinade over the breasts; refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
4. Preheat oven to 250°F.
5. Place duck on a foiled tray and cook for 20 minutes.
6. Remove from oven.
7. Gently heat up a little oil in a large, oven-safe frying pan and add the duck skin-side down. Allow the duck to get quite dark and caramelized.
8. Raise heat to 350°F and place duck in oven for 5 minutes to finish cooking. Remove from oven and allow 5 minutes to rest.
9. Slice duck and toss into a mixing bowl with all other ingredients. Lightly coat with dressing* and serve.
*Duck Dressing 1/3 cup palm sugar (lightly chopped) 2 tablespoons plum sauce 2 tablespoons Chinkiang black vinegar 1 tablespoon white vinegar 1/3 cup Healthy Boy Brand thin soy sauce 1. Place all ingredientsn into a small sauce pan on low heat. 2. Gently melt the palm sugar. 3. Once the sugar has completely melted, turn the heat up to high and allow to boil. 4. As soon as it has boiled, turn back down to a simmer and reduce for 10 minutes (some of the residual sugar may float to the top. You can skim this off using a small ladle and discard). 5. Set aside and allow to cool before refrigerating.