Courtesy of Padma Lakshmi
Sweet & Spicy Salami Toastie
How to Make It
1. Spread one tablespoon of butter on one side of one slice of the sourdough bread, set aside.
2. Spread the hot pepper jam evenly across the one side of the other slice of sourdough.
3. Now layer salami slices on top of the jam, and then add the slices of cheddar on top of salami. Sprinkle the herbs de Provence evenly over the top of cheese. Place the other slice of sourdough on top of the assembled sandwich with butter side up.
4. Melt the remaining tablespoon of butter in a large, non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Transfer the sandwich into the skillet, with the buttered side facing up. (The unbuttered side of the sandwich will go directly into the melted butter in the pan.)
5. Cover the skillet, cooking sandwich until golden brown on the bottom, about 2-3 minutes.
6. When golden, carefully flip the sandwich over and toast uncovered for another 2-3 minutes more, until golden brown. Serve warm.