Johnny Miller/Edge Reps
Chef Rose’s Potato Pie
How to Make It
1. Preheat oven to 390°F.
2. Peel and wash the potatoes. Then slice them about 1⁄₆ inch thick with a mandoline.
3. Put in a large bowl and toss with the salt and pepper.
4. Place one of the puff-pastry circles in a buttered 9- to 10-inch round ceramic pie dish.
5. Spread the potatoes over the puff pastry, flattening them as much as possible until the pile is about 1½ inches high.
6. Brush the sides of the dough with water and cover with the other puff-pastry circle.
7. Pinch both circles together to close the pie. Then carve half moons on the top of the dough.
8. Brush the top with the egg wash.
9. Lower the oven temperature to 350°F and cook the pie for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the crust is golden brown.
10. Take the pie out of the oven. Then cut and set aside a 3-inch circle from the center of the top layer.
11. Pour the crème fraîche inside the pie and replace circle.
12. Place back in the oven for another 12 minutes or until the crème fraîche is melted. Serve with salad.
1 head romaine lettuce, cut, washed, and dried
¼ bunch parsley leaves, washed and dried
1 teaspoon shallots, minced
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
3 tablespoon olive oil
¼ teaspoon salt
1. Place lettuce in a medium bowl.
2. In a small bowl, make a vinaigrette by mixing the remaining ingredients. Toss with the lettuce.