Johnny Fogg/EH Management
Don Angie’s Famous Prosciutto & Melon
How to Make It
1. In a large bowl, dress melon wedges with ½ cup tamarind dressing.
2. Season with a pinch of salt, lime zest, and half the mint leaves.
3. Spread the melon onto a platter.
4. Sprinkle feta and hazelnuts over the melon.
5. Top with prosciutto.
6. Finish with the remaining mint leaves, olive oil, and pepper.
The Tamarind Dressing
¾ cup tamarind concentrate
½ cup plus 1 tbsp lime juice
½ cup sugar
1 tsp Sriracha
½ cup olive oil
2 tbsp Italian fish sauce
2 garlic cloves, grated
3 tsp salt
½ tsp dried Calabrian chilies, crushed
Whisk ingredients together in a medium bowl and set aside.
The Candied Hazelnuts
1 egg white
Zest 1 lime plus 2 tsp lime juice
2 cups hazelnuts
½ cup sugar
½ tbsp salt
1 tsp Hungarian paprika
¼ tsp cayenne
1. Preheat oven to 300°F.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together egg white with lime zest until thick and frothy.
3. Add lime juice and whisk.
4. Add hazelnuts and toss until well-coated.
5. In a separate bowl, combine sugar, salt, paprika, and cayenne.
6. Combine dry ingredients with the hazelnuts.
7. Spread nuts on a lightly oiled parchment-paper-lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
8. Coat a large spoon with cooking oil and stir the nuts, ensuring the oil evenly coats the nuts.
9. Return nuts to the oven for 10 minutes.
10. Re-oil the spoon and stir the nuts again.
11. Bake for 5 minutes.
12. Spread nuts evenly onto another lightly oiled parchment-paper-lined sheet to cool.