Maple-Roasted Carrot Salad
How to Make It
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. If carrots are wider than an inch, halve lengthwise. Cut carrots in large diagonal slices 1inch wide by 2 inches long. Place in a medium bowl with 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Toss well; transfer to two sheet pans. (if you use just one, they’ll steam instead of roasting.)
3. Roast for 20 minutes, tossing once, until carrots are tender.
4. Combine carrots onto one sheet pan, add maple syrup, toss, and roast for 10 to 15 minutes, until edges are caramelized. Toss and set aside for 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, combine cranberries and orange juice in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer; set aside for 10 minutes.
6. In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon, salt, and 3 tablespoons olive oil.
7. Place arugula in a large bowl. Add carrots, cranberries (with their liquid), goat cheese, almonds, and the vinaigrette. Toss, sprinkle with salt, and serve at room temperature.