What Were You Buzzing About During the Golden Globes? The InStyle-Facebook Red Carpet Talk Meter Tells All!
Last night, the social media sphere was abuzz with all things #GoldenGlobes (naturally!), and thanks to our partnership with Facebook, we have the scoop on who dominated the digital conversations on Facebook. Using the Red Carpet Talk Meter, we gauged the chatter around the show, and worked through the night to have all the information on what you loved most according to your status updates and comments!
The most buzzed-about fashion term of the night was “gloves,” thanks to Amal Clooney who accessorized her Dior dress with white gloves, while the hue of the evening was "red." However, those weren’t the only things that made the Golden Globes trending all night long. Scroll down to get the scoop on the most gabbed about gowns, the most popular hairstyles, and the buzziest celebrity couples.
Most Buzzed About Stars:
1. Jennifer Lopez in Zuhair Murad: As always, J. Lo proved that age is just a number when she wowed in a sexy, metallic gown, complete with a gorgeous caped train.
2. Amy Poehler in Stella McCartney: Dressed in a rich cobalt blue, the night's co-host chose a demure, elegant dress from the British designer.
3. Kate Hudson in Atelier Versace: Combining two of the night's biggest trends--winter white and cut-outs--Hudson looked radiant in this body-hugging number.
4. Rosamund Pike in Vera Wang: Just five weeks after giving birth, the Gone Girl star looked magnificent in custom-made Vera Wang.
5. Emma Stone in Lanvin: Stone took a fashion risk, choosing a jumpsuit over a traditional gown, and it totally paid off.
Most Buzzed About Hairstyles:
1. Braids: Jared Leto's hair was trending once again! This time, it was his man braid that took center stage, and the Internet went wild.
3. Angled Bob: Rosamund Pike's daring post-baby dress wasn't the only thing that people were buzzing about! Her angled bob caused quite the stir.
4. Loose Waves: Julianne Moore was just one of the stars who decided to go for a natural waved look.
5. Side-Swept: It wouldn't be an awards show without a nod to Old Hollywood Glamour, and this year it was side-swept waves that were all the rage.
Most Buzzed About Celebrity Couples:
1. George and Amal Clooney: When George professed his love to wife Amal on stage, hearts melted across the social sphere. "It’s a humbling thing when you find someone to love, even better when you’ve been waiting your whole life," he said.
3. Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo: One of the most glamorous couples at the Golden Globes, people couldn't get enough of them on InStyle's Instagram. They were our most-liked photo of the night!
4. Joshua Jackson and Diane Kruger: Always one of the most stylish couples, last night's show was no exception, but their real moment came Diane enthusiastically hugged Joshua when his show The Affair earned a Golden Globe.
5. Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan-Tatum: Channing proved that chivalry isn't dead by gallantly holding up wife Jenna's gown on the red carpet. Plus, their after-party dance moves are pretty great, too.