The Top 6 Moments of the 2013 Emmys
It was a night of song, dance, jokes, and Neil Patrick Harris. The host did an amazing job, mainly because he allowed his guests to shine, too. Here, our favorite moments from the three-plus hours that ruled our Sunday night.
1. Speaking of, Amy Poehler and Tina Fey heckling NPH from the front row: When will these two commit to the Globes already!
2. Merritt Weaver's speech, or lack thereof: The actress won for Best Supporting Actress for her role in Nurse Jackie. Clearly overwhelmed, she simply said, "Uh, I gotta go" and exited the stage.
3. Tony Hale plays assistant to winner Julia Louis-Dreyfus: The actress won for a second year in a row for Veep, and co-star Hale stood behind her, held her clutch, and whispered cues in her ear--just like on the show.
4. The Lena-Claire lovefest on the red carpet: Who knew these two were such good friends? The pair bumped into each other during E!'s red carpet filming and completely took over, bumping host Ryan Seacrest off-camera. Hugging, kissing, gushing and more ensued.
5. Edie Falco's tribute to James Gandolfini: We loved him as "Tony Soprano"; she loved him as "Jim." Falco's moving words came from a very genuine place.
6. Jeff Daniel's AARP speech: The actor won for Best Actor for The Newsroom, which surprised even the actor himself. He explained his last prize was a “best actor over 50” award from AARP--a golden Barcalounger.
What was your favorite moment?
In case you missed it: See what everyone wore to this year's Emmys: