Taylor Swift Changes 20 Times (AKA Every 12 Seconds!) in Her New Video "Blank Space"
Given her affinity for turning the world into her own personal catwalk, it's no surprise Taylor Swift did the same with her newest music video, "Blank Space." There's a lot to take in over the course of the three minute and 55 second video, not the least of which is Swift's constant rotation of killer ensembles. In fact, the singer wears 20 different looks throughout the video—an average of one new outfit every 12 seconds. How's that for impressive? From ball gowns to riding pants to lingerie to—of course—matching separates, this video is chock full of enviable ensembles, and we've broken them all down for you.
1. The video opens with Swift sitting on a bed in a barely-there La Perla lace bustier under a sheer black robe and a lacy eye mask pushed up on her head (top).
2. Taylor meets her new lover, model Sean O'Pry, in the grand foyer of a mansion dressed to the nines in a gorgeous black Elie Saab gown featuring sheer lace sleeves and cutouts.
3. For dinner in the formal dining room, the singer channels Elsa from Frozen in an ice blue Jenny Packham gown.
4. During a post-dinner ballroom dance, T. Swift wears a stunning metallic silver evening gown.
5. The singer wears high-waisted plaid pants with a cropped short-sleeve maroon sweater and statement necklace while riding bikes in the living room.
6. Who knew Swift was such a phenomenal portraitist? While painting a photo of her new beau, the singer wears a ladylike oxblood shirtdress with contrasting darker cuffs and collar.
7. To walk their dogs on the lawn, Taylor dons another black Elie Saab gown, this time a sleeveless one with a plunging neckline and sheer skirt.
8. Swift wears a floral appliqué-covered strapless gown while running around the garden with her boyfriend.
9. The singer looks picture-perfect while hanging her finished portrait in the hallway in a tea-length Oscar de la Renta dress with metallic bows on it.
10. Lilac Katie Ermilio high-waisted shorts with a sweet bow at the waist, a pale yellow cropped sweater, and maroon Mary Janes while carving "Taylor + Sean" into a tree.
11. In this pivotal scene where Taylor discovers that her boyfriend is texting another girl, the singer wears a matching pale orange and white striped shirt and skirt by Stephanie Waldrip paired with Linda Farrow sunnies and lots of jewels.
12. She wears head-to-toe leopard print, including a pair of killer Ralph Lauren ankle-strap heels, while showing us her crazy ex-girlfriend side.
14. To destroy the portrait of her now ex-lover, Swift wears a decidedly darker ensemble than the one she wore to hang it up—a stunning strapless maroon gown paired with glitzy earrings.
15. Swift wears a simple pale blue day dress while cutting holes into all of O'Pry's dress shirts.
16. The singer lights her ex's clothes on fire and sends them flying off her balcony in a white knee-length dress with a high slit.
17. Swift channels her dark side in another black frock.
18. While bashing her ex-boyfriends classic car Swift dons a matching pale pink Katie Ermilio crop top and high-waisted skirt.
19. Ralph Lauren riding pants (which are on sale for $99!), a billowy top, riding boots, and sunnies while standing atop a white horse.
20. Despite taking an ax to the tree where she had carved their names, Swift looks pristine in a sheer black dress.
And if outfits weren't enough to get your "Blank Space" fix, there's more good news: along with American Express, Swift is launching an interactive app that will take you behind the scenes of her video called the American Express Unstaged Taylor Swift Blank Space Experience. The app is a 360-degree video that lets your explore all of the rooms "Blank Space" was filmed in as well as go on a scavenger hunt for 41 collectibles. Find them all to win the game. It's free and available now for iPhone and Android.