12 of Birthday Girl Sophia Bush’s Dearest Causes
Happy birthday to one of Hollywood’s leading do-gooders! Actress Sophia Bush turns 33 today and while fans may know her best from shows like Chicago P.D. and One Tree Hill, anyone who follows her on social media can speak to her ardent activist leanings. Whether it's pushing for equal rights or environmental conservation, Sophia uses every opportunity to stand behind her causes and stays mindful of the power her celebrity brings.
The star, who recently took over InStyle's Instagram feed with jaw-dropping images of her inspiring travels to Uganda, counts responsible fashion among her passions. Beauty, brains, talent and a big heart? It's no wonder fans just love her! See how Sophia marries all of her interests—while always looking so fresh and effortless—in these 12 Instagram snaps below.
1. Fashion with a purpose: learning to loom in Uganda.
2. Keeping her skin hydrated with her own line of paraben- and animal testing-free mist from @ismellgreat. Of course she looks fresh and radiant while traveling through 100 degree heat!
3. Empowering—and connecting with—women in a war-torn region.
4. Dressing up to stand behind global education for girls.
5. Adopt, don't shop for, dogs. Taking a time-out to cuddle with her fur babies.
6. She makes even the simple act of brushing teeth look good.
7. Sharing eco-tips with her collaboration with earth conscious EcoTools.
8. Getting personal: Sophia opens up about her own experience with sexual assault.
9. Conscious commerce during the holidays.
10. Equality for all with Joe Fresh.
11. Supporting education initiatives in Bangladesh.
12. Inspiring the next generation of girls in Guatemala.