Princess Beatrice's Wedding Might be Affected By the Coronavirus
The May 29 nuptials are set to take place in London.
The next royal wedding on the horizon might be facing some issues due to concerns over the coronavirus.
The Telegraph reported that the guest list at Princess Beatrice's wedding may be in a shuffle over the virus outbreak, which has now spread all across the globe. Beatrice's fiancé, Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi, hails from the Lombardy region of northern Italy which was the first to quarantine 16 million people. Earlier this week, the quarantine was expanded to the entire country.
"The coronavirus has thrown a bit of a spanner in the works. Although there’s no suggestion that Italy will remain in lockdown until the end of May, obviously the whole thing does cast doubt over the guest list," a source told The Telegraph.
The wedding will take place in London, and with possible travel bans impending, it makes sense why the guest list might be up in the air, though a spokesperson for the couple told The Telegraph that Mozzi only has "distant relatives" in Italy.
Mozzi does, however, descend from Italian aristocracy, meaning Beatrice will become an Italian “Contessa” and “Nobile Donna,” or noble woman, following their wedding. The May 29 nuptials will take place at the Chapel Royal at St James Palace, the first royal wedding to take place in London since Prince William and Kate Middleton married at Westminster Abbey, followed by a reception at Buckingham Palace in 2011.
Princess Beatrice announced her engagement to Mozzi, a property developer, last year — revealing he popped the question during a romantic vacation the couple took to Italy.