Prince Albert Addressed Rumors That He May Have Infected Prince Charles with Coronavirus
According to People, Prince Albert discussed the rumor on RTL radio on Thursday after he and Prince Charles both came down with the virus following a London meeting they attended earlier this month, causing speculation that one of them passed it on to the other.
"I was at a roundtable for his foundation, but we never shook hands. I was at the other end of the table, way far away," he said.
The two royals both attended the Water Aid event on March 10.
"We nodded hello to one another, so I don’t think I can really be accused of contaminating him," Albert added with a laugh. "There were a lot of other people around at the congress center and I know he continued his schedule afterwards for a number of days."
Earlier this month, Prince Albert became the first head of state to test positive for the coronavirus. He said during his Thursday interview that "it’s getting better, I no longer have fever. I cough a little still. I hope it’s the end of the tunnel that I’m starting to see."
This week, Clarence House confirmed Prince Charles had tested positive for coronavirus, adding that although he displayed mild symptoms, he's otherwise in good health and is currently practicing social distancing in Scotland.