Our 6 Favorite Moments from the 2014 American Music Awards!
The 2014 American Music Awards were filled with jaw-dropping moments, from Taylor Swift's debut performance of her hit single "Blank Space" to an appearance by none other than Diana Ross. Read on for our favorites!
1. Ariana Grande stunned on stage where she sang not one but three songs—"Break Free," "Love Me Harder," and an acoustic version of "Problem." The singer's voice was only matched by her stunning ensemble, a sheer black lace gown and a half-up hair style (above).
2. At the end of her epic "Yellow Flicker Beat" performance, Lorde smeared her signature deep burgundy lipstick across her face on purpose, garnering a standing ovation from the crowd—including Taylor Swift and Karlie Kloss, who cheered on their BFF from the front row.
3. Diana Ross presented Taylor Swift with the first-ever Dick Clark Award of Excellence, an honor given to the singer for her record-breaking musical achievements and love for her fans. "I'm so blown away to have just received an award from Diana Ross," Swift said on stage.
4. Josh Duhamel welcomed his wife, Fergie, to stage where she performed "L.A. Love," her debut single off of her first album in eight years, proving that even after almost a decade she still has one of the best physiques—and voices—in the business.
5. Ariana Grande took the stage again, this time with Jessie J and Nicki Minaj, to perform their hit single "Bang Bang." And the outfits didn't disappoint either—the singers sparkled in a trifecta of metallic gold ensembles.