12 Oscars Moments You Didn't See on TV
A lot happens on stage during the Academy Awards—most of which is caught by the endless amount of cameras in the room. But some of the best moments actually occur during the commercial breaks, when stars can mingle, swap seats, and take breaks. Below, 12 truly one-of-a-kind moments we witnessed inside the Oscars.
1. Mark Ruffalo lifts his wife's train up to escort her down the aisle to her seat (aw!).
2. Brie Larson snaps a selfie with Jacob Tremblay during a break for commercials.
4. Cate Blanchett sprints across the room to her seat before the commercial breaks ends.
5. A moment of surprised gasps is immediately followed by cheers when Mark Rylance wins for the best supporting actor Oscar for his role in Bridge of Spies.
6. It looks like Leonardo DiCaprio is thirsty: The Oscar winner chugs boxed water containers—that he keeps underneath his front row seat—during commercial breaks.
7. Leo gives a hug and kiss to and chats with his The Wolf of Wall Street co-star Margot Robbie during a commercial break.
8. A beaming Kate Winslet comes back from a bathroom break sans her shoes—she carries them in her arms like a baby instead.
9. Lady Gaga bounces up and down on stage to warm up as they wheel out her piano for her Oscar-nominated song performance of “Til It Happens to You.”
10. After Gaga's moving song, the singer-actress changes back into her white pantsuit and returns to the audience. On her way to back to fiancé Taylor Kinney and her seat in the fifth row, Winslet stops her in her tracks, gives her a hug, and congratulates her.
11. Mother Monster blows kisses to Sam Smith after his Oscar win, when he says from the stage, "Lady Gaga, you're amazing."
12. Girl Scout cookies continue to be sold during every commercial break. “I know y'all are hungry and wish you would have just bought yourselves some of those cookies,” host Chris Rock tells the audience.