For those of us who work 9-to-5 jobs, concentrating at the office yesterday was a near-impossible feat. Sure it was Friday, but the real reason is because Adele's new album, 25 had dropped at midnight like a thousand tears. With soft introductions cascading into sweeping orchestral crescendos, it's already being hailed by critics as one of the best LPs of the year, but it's also (expectedly) fraught with emotion, featuring passionate declarations to past and present lovers that'll really tug at your heartstrings. Below, we rounded up the most tear-inducing lines—because everybody needs a good cry once in awhile.
1. "Hello from the other side / I must've called a thousand times / To tell you I'm sorry for everything that I've done / But when I call you never seem to be home." — Adele, "Hello"
2. "I love the way your body moves / Towards me from across the room / Brushing past my every groove / No one has me like you do." — Adele, "I Miss You"
3. "I was so scared to face my fears / Nobody told me / That you'd be here / And I swear you moved overseas / That's what you said / When you left me." — Adele, "When We Were Young"
4. "When the pain cuts you deep / When the night keeps you from sleeping / Just look and you will see / That I will be your remedy." — Adele, "Remedy"
5. "If you're not the one for me / Why do I hate the idea of being free?" — Adele, "Water Under the Bridge"
6. "It's so cold in the wilderness / I want you to be my keeper / But not if you're so reckless." — Adele, "Water Under the Bridge
7. "Sometimes I feel lonely in the arms of your touch / But I know that's just me because nothing ever is enough." — Adele, "River Lea"
8. "Please don't fall apart / I can't face your breaking heart / I'm trying to be brave / Stop asking me to say." — Adele, "Love in the Dark"
9. "I wish I could live a little more / Look up to the sky not just the floor / I feel like my life is flashing by / And all I can do is watch and cry." — Adele, "Million Years Ago"
10. "Hold me like I'm more than just a friend / Give me a memory I can use / Take me by the hand while we do what lovers do." — Adele, "All I Ask"
11. "I've been looking for you baby in every face that I've ever known / There is something about the way you love me that finally feels like home." — Adele, "Sweetest Devotion"
Watch the music video for "Hello" below, and buy 25 for $11 on the iTunes Store.