Jessica Alba, Rosario Dawson, and 11 More Eco-Friendly Celebrities on Instagram
Whether you already drive around in a Prius or drink water out of a box, following these celebrity Instagrams will inspire you to think of new ways to protect the environment. Stars like Jessica Alba and Rosario Dawson have been committed to living a greener lifestyle for years and are all for protecting our planet. This year for Earth Day (April 22), on top of your usual recycle party, gather some inspiration from our roundup of the greenest celebrity Instagrams.
1. Jessica AlbaFrom saving energy while doing laundry to choosing deodorants sans the harmful chemicals, Jessica Alba's feed makes transitioning to a green lifestyle a cinch.
2. Rosario DawsonNot only is Rosario Dawson a multi-talented star, the green entrepreneur is the founder of Studio 189, a brand that uses fashion to implement social change and eco-friendly practices.
3. Gisele BündchenGisele Bündchen is a devoted member to the tree-hugging club and even runs a green business (Ipanema) that makes sandals and flip-flops out of 100 percent recycled material.
4. Adrian GrenierOne glance at Adrian Grenier's Instagram and you can tell that there really is a healthier way to live. The actor most recently gave a presentation at the Ana Marketers BAASH on how actors and brands can find more authenticity through caring about the world outside of themselves.
5. Olivia WildeOlivia Wilde is all about sustainability. The House actress even teamed up with H&M on their Conscious Exclusive Collection to help spread the word about the eco-friendly line.
6. Leonardo DiCaprioAlmost 20 years ago, the Titanic actor founded the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation, which works to protect earth's remaining rain forests, oceans, and wildlife through promoting the use of renewable energy.
7. Charlize TheronNot only does Charlize Theron advocate for international health issues, the South African actress also encourages sustainability through the Charlize Theron Africa Outreach Project.
8. Mark RuffaloMark Ruffalo's Instagram bio describes the actor as a, "climate change and renewable energy advocate with an eye out for love and hope." His account show's how important it is to take care of our planet.
9. Gwyneth PaltrowThis actress turned lifestyle guru is taking a stance for environment-friendly fashion. Gwyneth Paltrow's company Goop has even partnered up with Amour Vert to create an eco-fashion line.
10. Angie HarmonThe Rizzoli & Isles actress is taking a stance by venturing into the world of design with the launch of her sustainable jewelry line, the Angie Harmon Red Earth Collection.
11. Stella McCartneyDesigner, Stella McCartney, has made a commitment to designing and producing products that are eco-friendly. You won't find fur or leather on her label's timeline; even the eyewear coheres with the brand's philosophy using their extensive research of raw materials.
12. Ian SomerhalderThe Lost actor is adamant on taking a stance against the demolishing of sacred lands. Follow his Instagram to find out how you can use your voice to also stand up for our planet.
13. Ellen DeGeneresThe comedic talk show host might seem like she's all about laughs, but she's pretty serious about protecting our earth. The vegan dishes on tips to save water and has even given away earth-friendly gifts, like soda stream, to her show's audience members.