Jessica Alba, Rosario Dawson, and 11 More Eco-Friendly Celebrities on Instagram
Whether you already drive around in a Prius or drink water out of a box, following these celebrity Instagrams will inspire you to think of new ways to protect the environment. Stars like Jessica Alba and Rosario Dawson have been committed to living a greener lifestyle for years and are all for protecting our planet. This year for Earth Day (April 22), on top of your usual recycle party, gather some inspiration from our roundup of the greenest celebrity Instagrams.
1. Jessica AlbaFrom saving energy while doing laundry to choosing deodorants sans the harmful chemicals, Jessica Alba's feed makes transitioning to a green lifestyle a cinch.
2. Rosario DawsonNot only is Rosario Dawson a multi-talented star, the green entrepreneur is the founder of Studio 189, a brand that uses fashion to implement social change and eco-friendly practices.
3. Gisele BündchenGisele Bündchen is a devoted member to the tree-hugging club and even runs a green business (Ipanema) that makes sandals and flip-flops out of 100 percent recycled material.
Forests are vital to life on Earth. They purify the air we breathe, filter the water we drink, offer a home to much of the world’s diverse array of plants and animals. And even doing all those things and much more for us, it is being destroyed at a rate of 48 football fields per minute. Awareness is the first step to really making a change. I support #HUGATREE #lovenature @world_wildlife 🌳🌳🌳 As florestas são vitais para a vida na terra. Elas purificam o ar que respiramos, filtram a água que bebemos, oferecem um lar para grande parte das plantas e animais. E mesmo fazendo tudo isso e muito mais para nós, elas estão sendo destruídas a uma taxa de 48 campos de futebol por minuto. A consciência é o primeiro passo para a mudança. Eu apoio #hugatree #amoanatureza
4. Adrian GrenierOne glance at Adrian Grenier's Instagram and you can tell that there really is a healthier way to live. The actor most recently gave a presentation at the Ana Marketers BAASH on how actors and brands can find more authenticity through caring about the world outside of themselves.
Just did a talk at the @ANAmarketers #BAASH conference on how actors and brands can find more authenticity by caring about the world outside themselves. We can't, in this Information Age, knowing intimately the needs of people and the planet, ignore the world around us. You are disingenuous if your sole purpose is to sell yourself, or your products. Give-back boldly, and take the financial risks needed to do the right thing. #chicago - Thx @fandango for making it possible.
5. Olivia WildeOlivia Wilde is all about sustainability. The House actress even teamed up with H&M on their Conscious Exclusive Collection to help spread the word about the eco-friendly line.
6. Leonardo DiCaprioAlmost 20 years ago, the Titanic actor founded the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation, which works to protect earth's remaining rain forests, oceans, and wildlife through promoting the use of renewable energy.
7. Charlize TheronNot only does Charlize Theron advocate for international health issues, the South African actress also encourages sustainability through the Charlize Theron Africa Outreach Project.
8. Mark RuffaloMark Ruffalo's Instagram bio describes the actor as a, "climate change and renewable energy advocate with an eye out for love and hope." His account show's how important it is to take care of our planet.
9. Gwyneth PaltrowThis actress turned lifestyle guru is taking a stance for environment-friendly fashion. Gwyneth Paltrow's company Goop has even partnered up with Amour Vert to create an eco-fashion line.
10. Angie HarmonThe Rizzoli & Isles actress is taking a stance by venturing into the world of design with the launch of her sustainable jewelry line, the Angie Harmon Red Earth Collection.
11. Stella McCartneyDesigner, Stella McCartney, has made a commitment to designing and producing products that are eco-friendly. You won't find fur or leather on her label's timeline; even the eyewear coheres with the brand's philosophy using their extensive research of raw materials.
12. Ian SomerhalderThe Lost actor is adamant on taking a stance against the demolishing of sacred lands. Follow his Instagram to find out how you can use your voice to also stand up for our planet.
A picture of me digitally standing up to preserve a magical place in our beloved Hawaii.Please copy/click this link and sign this petition. WE ARE MAUNA KEA! Please copy the link to sign petition and learn more. goo.gl/18FCbE While I do agree that science, the studies of our sky and what is beyond it is vital to our society, it is NOT okay to destroy a delicate environment and the culture's sacred land without permission from them. I am standing with my Hawaiian brothers and sisters to say in the Spirit of a Aloha we must protect Mauna Kea, therefore we Are Mauna Kea! I am so in love with and owe so much gratitude in my life to the beautiful island state of Hawaii and the beautiful people that are Hawaii whom still to this day, treat me as family that was fortunate enough to have bonded with when I lived there to shoot LOST. Stand with them please. Much Mahalo 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42
13. Ellen DeGeneresThe comedic talk show host might seem like she's all about laughs, but she's pretty serious about protecting our earth. The vegan dishes on tips to save water and has even given away earth-friendly gifts, like soda stream, to her show's audience members.