Introducing Spectre’s New Bond Girl: Stephanie Sigman
There's another reason to get excited for new 007 movie Spectre—a third female lead has been added to the cast. And her names is Stephanie, Stephanie Sigman. She'll star alongside Daniel Craig, who returns as James Bond, as well as Christoph Waltz, Dave Bautista, and already-announced Bond girls Monica Bellucci and Léa Seydoux.
The 24th addition to the Bond series sees 007 revisit his childhood as an orphan in order to uncover the secrets of a sinister organization. So far we know little about Sigman's role other than that she'll play a character named Estrella, as was revealed in a tweet from the official 007 account:
But who is the real Sigman? We've done a little spying, and here are five things you need to know about the 28-year-old beauty:
1. She's the first ever Mexican Bond girl.She hails from Obregon, Sonora, Mexico.
2. She's no stranger to an action sequence.Sigman cut her teeth with a role in Mexican movie Miss Bala (2011), which translates from Spanish to Miss Bullet. It was her first feature film, and saw her play a beauty queen who gets caught up in a violent gang war.
3. If she looks familiar you may know her ...... from crime drama The Bridge, in which she starred as Eva before the show was canceled last year.
4. She's a little rock and roll.She appeared in the video for the 2014 Arctic Monkeys hit, "Snap Out of It," in which she emerges from a pool with enough grace to rival Ursula Andress's and Halle Berry's iconic "coming out of the water" scenes from Bond.
5. She started out as a model.It's no surprise that Sigman worked as a model from the age of 16 given her exquisite looks. She cut back on modeling jobs to concentrate on acting when she scored the role in Miss Bala, and it seems she hasn't looked back since.
Spectre is due to hit theaters Nov. 6.