Author, actress, mom, and lifestyle guru Gwyneth Paltrow is now your international tour guide. After launching her Goop City App in 2011, she just release an updated version to include not only New York but also London and Los Angeles. "I really made it for myself because I love to eat, I love to travel, and I love to know what’s new," Paltrow told InStyle.com at New York's Soho Apple store yesterday, where she demonstrated the app for customers. "I’m such a curious person by nature and I had everything written down in books all the time, so I really was like ‘I’ll make this for myself and my friends.'" And getting the Goop scoop straight from a celebrity pal isn't the only reason you'll love it! Scroll down for five more reasons it's worth the download, as explained by Gwyneth herself.
1. She Tests Everything First-Hand“Basically, we pound the pavement. I have someone who works with me who came from Zagat, too. And I have a few super foodie friends that I really trust [who help]. I don't want put negative stuff in there. I just want make it a positive experience of what I’m loving. It’s a lot of eating out!"
2. She Wants to Be Your Celebrity Sister"I’m really like the sister that knows where stuff is, and I love being that person. People trust me. They know that I’m not going to put something on there that’s not really good. I want to share those experiences with people!"
3. You Won’t Have to Scroll Through Too Many Options“It’s very well-curated, so it’s not like there’s 3,000 restaurants to go through. [What you see is] the best of the best.”
4. Keep Your Eyes Peeled for her Favorite Section"I really love all of the sections, but I like the Driver section. In every city, it gives you recommendations from a driver’s perspective, like seeing where people are going and which food cart is the best."
5. The App is Updated All the Time“It’s really important to me that the information stays really current. I’ve had situations where I ate somewhere that I used to love and had maybe two not so good meals in a row, so it will come off the app.”
Get it now! Download the Goop City App on your iPhone and iPad for $3.99 at iTunes.com.
Plus, see all of Gwyneth's best looks ever!