Find Out the Most-Buzzed About Moments from the #Oscars Courtesy of the InStyle-Facebook Talk Meter
Last night, the social media sphere was abuzz with all things #Oscars (naturally!), and thanks to our partnership with Facebook, we have the scoop on who dominated the digital conversations on Facebook. Using the Red Carpet Talk Meter, we gauged the chatter around the show, and worked through the night to have all the information on what you loved most according to your status updates and comments.
There were plenty of buzzed-about moments both on the red carpet and on stage. Lady Gaga's daring red gloves, plus her exquisite performance honoring the anniversary of the Sound of Music, made her the most talked celebrities of the night, closely followed by Jennifer Lopez and Dakota Johnson. As for the gentlemen, host Neil Patrick Harris wowed guests with his opening musical number, while Tim McGraw and his cowboy hat (or lack thereof) caused quite the sensation. However, those weren’t the only stars that made the 87th Academy Awards trend all night long. Scroll down to get the scoop on the most gabbed about gowns, buzziest style terms, and biggest designers.
Most Mentioned Celebs from the Red Carpet:
1. Lady Gaga in Azzedine Alaia: Thanks to her statement making red gloves, Lady Gaga caused quite the stir on the red carpet. Whether you loved them or thought they looked like rubber kitchen gloves, one thing's for sure: she's not afraid to take a risk!
2. Jennifer Lopez in Elie Saab: Leave it to Jennifer Lopez to wear the dress that everyone was talking about. Steering away from her typical skin-tight silohuettes, Lopez opted for a fairytale gown, which was embellished with pearls, stones, and sequins.
3. Dakota Johnson in Saint Laurent: The Fifty Shades of Grey star may have looked gorgeous in a red gown, but it was her date, mom Melanie Griffith, that made the actress one of the most buzzed-about stars on the carpet.
Most Buzzed About Designers:
Most Gabbed About Couples
1. Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka: Before Neil Patrick Harris fulfilled his hosting duties, he walked the red carpet with his proud husband, David Burtka.
2. Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo: Easily one of the most gorgeous couples to attend the Academy Awards, these two created even more of a stir by wearing looks by the same designer.
3. John Legend and Chrissy Teigen: And the award for cutest couple goes to ... John Legend and Chrissy Teigen. Once again, they showed us how fun an awards show can really be. And of course, they looked good doing it.