Find Out the Most-Buzzed About Moments from the #Grammys Courtesy of the InStyle-Facebook Talk Meter
Last night, the social media sphere was abuzz with all things #GRAMMYs (naturally!), and thanks to our partnership with Facebook, we have the scoop on who dominated the digital conversations on Facebook. Using the Red Carpet Talk Meter, we gauged the chatter around the show, and worked through the night to have all the information on what you loved most according to your status updates and comments.
There were plenty of buzzed-about moments both on the red carpet and on stage. Madonna's matador-inspired look, plus her age-defying performance, made her the most talked about female artists of the night, closely followed by Katy Perry, Beyoncé, and Taylor Swift. As for the gentlemen, Sam Smith’s sincere speeches, dapper tux, and four wins had him dominating the digital conversation, while Pharrell Williams's track suit went viral. However, those weren't the only people that made the Grammy Awards trending all night long. Scroll down to get the scoop on the most gabbed about gowns, buzziest style terms, and biggest designers.
Most Talked About Female Artists:
1. Madonna in Givenchy: Never one to shy away from a bold fashion statement, Madonna did not disappoint at this year's Grammys. Wearing a Matador-inspired look designed by Givenchy, the legendary artist proved that if you've got it, flaunt it.
2. Katy Perry in Zuhair Murad: While her violet hair certainly created quite the buzz, it was her sheer, sparkling dress by Zuhair Murad that had everyone buzzing.
3. Beyoncé in Proenza Schouler: Simultaneously demure and daring, Beyoncé's floor-length, black Proenza Schouler caused quite the stir on the red carpet.
Most Popular Style Terms:
1. Sheer: Daring sheer gowns were spotted all over the Grammys red carpet with stars like Katy Perry in Zuhair Murad and Jessie J in Ralph & Russo effortlessly rocking the sexy trend.
2. Lace: Meghan Trainor was just one of the stars who was All About that "Lace."
3. Shorts: Pharrell Williams may not have worn an oversize hat, but he did cause another Internet frenzy when he arrived wearing a reflective Adidas track suit.
Most Buzzed About Designers:
2. Givenchy: Not only did the fashion house designer Madonna’s matador outfit for the red carpet, but they also created her on-stage look.
3. Elie Saab: Taylor Swift floated on the red carpet in an ombré teal and blue gown by the designer to much fan fare, so it comes as no surprise that she made the designer's name pop.