Make the Mac-n-Cheese Cupcakes Elton John Is Serving at His Oscars Viewing Party
The Oscars are upon us, which means we’re buzzing about three things: gorgeous red carpet attire, film-themed cocktails, and the 24th annual Elton John AIDS Foundation Academy Awards Viewing Party. The highly anticipated Feb. 28 event, hosted by Sir Elton John and his husband David Furnish, has raised more than $50 million for the fight against AIDS and HIV. The gala attracts tons of celebrity guests, including Heidi Klum, Neil Patrick Harris, and Katy Perry, who spend the evening enjoying delicious food, bidding in a live auction, and dancing to music performed by Sir Elton John himself.
If you’re throwing your own Oscars viewing party, consider whipping up a batch of easy and delicious mac-n-cheese cupcakes being served at the party—just one of the many hors d’oeuvres created by chef Wayne Elias. Get the recipe below.
Yields 12 cupcakes
1/2 lb small elbow macaroni
2 tbsp butter
1/4 cup flour
1 qt regular milk
1 lb cheddar cheese
2 oz boursin cheese
2 oz parmesan cheese
Pot sticker skins
1. Cook 1/2 lb of small elbow macaroni and drain and cool.
2. To make the roux, melt 2 tbsp of butter in a pan and add 1/4 cup of flour; cook for 3 minutes on low heat.
3. Add a quart of regular milk, and cook for 10 minutes on low heat, constantly stirring so it won’t burn.
4. Add 1 lb of cheddar, 2 oz of boursin cheese, 2 oz of parmesan cheese, salt and white pepper to taste.
5. Let the sauce cool, and mix the sauce and macaroni.
6. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and insert 12 pot sticker skins. Fill each skin with the macaroni mixture to the rim and bake at 350°F for 10 minutes.