Ellen DeGeneres Turns 58 Today! Check Out Her Funniest Moments from the Past Year
Is it possible that 2015 was Ellen DeGeneres’s best year yet? She took home her 16th and 17thPeople’s Choice Awards, for Favorite Talk Show Host and Favorite Humanitarian, as well as Daytime Emmy and Teen Choice Awards. She announced her new Netflix series, an adaptation of Dr. Seuss’s Green Eggs and Ham, and unveiled two new characters for her movie Finding Dory, hitting theaters this June!
When she’s not walking the red carpet or promoting a movie, the comedian continues to make headlines with The Ellen DeGeneres Show. Her great rapport with celebrity guests combined with fun games and hilarious one-liners make every interview fun to watch. From getting Zac Efron to twerk to playing “Never Have I Ever” with the members of One Direction, the talk show host knows how to bring out the best in her guests.
But despite her 57th year being nothing short of kick-ass, we're willing to wager that her 58th year will be just has highlight-ridden. In honor of her big 5-8, check out her seven funniest moments from the past twelve months. Happy birthday, Ellen!
1. DeGeneres initiated a prank war with Matt Lauer when she used Photoshop to put the Today show host in full BDSM gear:
2. She broke it down to “Uptown Funk” with First Lady Michelle Obama:
4. She slayed her Lip Sync Battle performance of “B---- Better Have My Money”:
6. DeGeneres had the perfect Halloween costume: Karla Kardashian, the famed family’s fictional, neglected younger sister:
7. And she announced her new “Kid” in the family (an adorable puppy) to quash those baby rumors: