The Dancing with the Stars Cast for the New Season Is Out
Two Olympians, a Brady, a failed presidential candidate, and an ex-sitcom star with an extraordinary memory are among the 13 celebrities who’ve been selected for the 23rd season of Dancing with the Stars.
As previously reported, Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte will trade in his Speedo for sequined slacks, while fellow Rio gold medalist Laurie Hernandez will follow in the footsteps of gymnasts Shawn Johnson and Nastia Liukin by trying her luck in the ballroom.
They aren’t the only big personalities who will join the competition show this fall. Popular pros Maksim Chmerkovskiy, Cheryl Burke, and Derek Hough will also return to the dance floor after skipping seasons.
Here are the 13 couples announced this morning on Good Morning America:
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and model/TV personality Amber Rose
- Valentin Chmerkovskiy and Olympic gymnast Laurie Hernandez
- Artem Chigvintsev and Maureen McCormick (The Brady Bunch)
- Sasha Farber and Terra Jolé (Little Women: LA)
- Derek Hough and Marilu Henner (Taxi)
- Witney Carson and ex-rapper Vanilla Ice
- Lindsay Arnold and former NFL wide receiver Calvin Johnson
- Jenna Johnson and former Disney star Jake T. Austin (Wizards of Waverly Place)
- Allison Holker and R&B musician Babyface
- Sharna Burgess and race car driver James Hinchcliffe
- Emma Slater and former Texas Gov. Rick Perry
- Cheryl Burke and Olympian Ryan Lochte
- Gleb Savchenko and country music artist Jana Kramer
Dancing with the Stars returns Sept. 12 to ABC.