7 Reasons Why Chris Pratt Would Make the Perfect Indiana Jones
Be still our hearts—in perhaps our favorite rumor of the week, Deadline reported on Tuesday that Disney is considering Chris Pratt for the starring role in the reboot of Indiana Jones. The media giant bought the rights to the film back in 2013, and it seems they're finally making moves on putting together the next big blockbuster. And while Harrison Ford will always hold a special place in our heart as the original Dr. Henry Walton "Indiana" Jones Jr., we think Pratt is the perfect next generation Indy. Here's why:
1. From his late night TV appearances to his Guardians of the Galaxy press tour to his ALS Ice Bucket Challenge video, Pratt continues to floor us with his undeniable charm. Considering how the most recent Indiana Jones installment, 2008's Kingdom of the Crystal Skull didn't do as well as the first three, we're thinking a dose of Pratt charisma is just what the film needs.
2. Pratt has played a scientist before—kind of. During his guest-starring role on The O.C., the actor played Ché, a Brown University student-slash-environmental activist who broke into a science lab with Summer Roberts (Rachel Bilson) and serenaded Seth Cohen (Adam Brody) in the buff. Talk about the perfect precursor.
3. Beyond his role on The O.C., Pratt's ever-growing resume is packed with an array of different types of roles, from intergalactic superhero to city hall shoeshiner—an indication that he can take on anything. We think Indiana Jones would be a piece of cake for the actor.
4. We've yet to see Pratt take on the role of an archaeology professor, Indiana Jones's day job. Just imagine him in glasses and a tweed jacket while teaching a class: Sign us up!
5. Plus, let's be honest, Pratt is the king of franchises. In addition to starring in Guardians of the Galaxy (which already has a sequel in the works) the actor also plays the lead in the upcoming fourth Jurassic Park film, Jurassic World. Taking on the Indy franchise seems like the job for him.
6. Also, Pratt is great with his hands. Back in July while on his Guardians of the Galaxy press tour, the dad showed off his French-braiding skills on Entertainment Tonight. We'd wager he'd be pretty good with a whip, too.
7. Charm, wit, and resumé aside, the main reason we think Chris Pratt should—no, needs—to play Indy is sort of obvious. Have you seen him? The actor is beyond gorgeous and has an action hero's physique.
Neither Disney nor Pratt's reps have confirmed the rumors, but we'll be waiting with bated breath until they do!