Madonna fans, the day you've been waiting for is finally here. Three years after her last record, MDNA, the singer released her 13th studio album, Rebel Heart, today. And needless to say we've already got it playing on repeat. (Hey, they don't call her the Queen of Pop for nothing.)
Our immediate love for the 19 catchy tracks on the album inspired us to take a look back at all the reasons why we always have and always will love Madge. Read on for the six reasons why Madonna is still the boss.
1. She doesn't let anything hold her down—not even an on-stage wardrobe malfunction.At February's Brit Awards, Madge took the stage to perform the first single off Rebel Heart, "Living For Love." While dancing with her heard of male backup dancers dressed as bulls, the singer fell backwards off an on-stage platform. But, being the boss that she is, Madonna got right back up and kept on singing. As if we expected anything less.
2. She knows when to give the fans what they want.In December a hacker leaked six songs from Rebel Heart, and although the singer had been planning on dropping the album in its entirity much later, she released the finished version of those six songs immediately. Of course, they all immediately shot to the Top 10 worldwide, according to the New York Times.
3. She does things in ways no one ever has before.When it came time to release the music video for "Living For Love," she found broke social media ground by turning to Snapchat. The singer debuted the video on the photo-sharing site for 24 hours before uploading it to Youtube, reminding us all that she is the ultimate trendsetter.
4. She is not one to follow trends—she sets them, especially in fashion.From her bridal "Like a Virgin" look to the iconic Jean Paul Gaultier cone bra to her more recent Matador-inspired streak, Madonna continues to remind us that she's fashion risk-taker, and we love her for it.
5. She has an endless supply of girl power.The singer often takes to her Instagram and Twitter pages to post inspirational photos and messages. Most recently, she celebrated International Women's Day with a few photos on Instagram, including the one below.
6. She keeps it real on social media.Prior to her now infamous Brit Awards performance, the singer took to Twitter to let the world know that despite her decades long career, she still gets nervous before a big show. "Yes...........[sh—ing] myself. Not gonna lie! Even though #bitchimmadonna #rebelheart," she tweeted.
Madonna's new album Rebel Heart ($13; amazon.com) is available now.