It's no surprise that Angelina Jolie looked incredible at last night's premiere of her highly anticipated Disney film Maleficent (in theaters May 30), but it was the details of her truly wicked look that had us transfixed.
From her gown to her manicure to her jewelry, read on for 5 reasons we couldn't take our eyes off the Hollywood beauty:
1. Her Couture "Leather" Gown: To keep with the theme of her heroically evil fairy character in the movie, Jolie donned a dramatic strapless black gown designed especially for her by Atelier Versace. While the dress appears to be crafted from leather—which would have been completely uncomfortable in the Los Angeles heat—it is actually made from rubberized silk that was delicately gathered at the hip and fell into a sweeping train.
2. Her Dangerously Spiked Cuffs: The actress commissioned designer Stella McCartney to craft two custom gold bracelets which featured numerous spikes, which she wore on both her wrists.
3. Her Perfectly Black Manicure: In the spirit of Maleficent, Jolie chose a simple raven-hued polish to add that extra edge to her beauty look.
4. Her Wickedly Cool Javelin Earring: An oversized gold spike earring (also custom-made by Stella McCartney) adorned Jolie's left ear, which she balanced out with a simple stud in her right.
5. Her Husband's Matching Style: While technically Brad Pitt wasn't part of her outfit, he was by her side throughout the evening in an all-black Gucci suit that perfectly complemented Jolie's winning look.
One thing's for sure, Jolie's dramatically dark and mysterious ensemble left us captivated and intrigued.
Want more Angelina Jolie? See her 10 best red carpet looks ever in our gallery!