13 Hairstylists and Colorists to Follow on Instagram for Major #HairInspiration
Whether you're bored with your hair or just looking for a fun way to style a brand-new ’do, Instagram has become one of the best places to go for #hairinspo thanks to socially savvy celebrity stylists. Lately our feeds have been filled not only with gorgeous red carpet hair moments, but also great haircuts and styling tips. From Anh Co Tran's profile, which features a bevy of gorgeously undone waves, to Lauren Conrad’s hairstylist Kristin Ess, who mixes in fresh cuts and hair how-tos, our strands have never looked better.
Ready to up your hair game? Scroll down to check out 13 of our favorite hairstylists and colorists on Instagram.
1. Kristin Ess:If you've ever envied Lauren Conrad's hair (and really, who hasn't) then you must follow her hairstylist Kristin Ess. Not only does she post behind-the-scenes photos from Conrad's shoots, but she also shares helpful how-tos and some pretty awesome braids.
2. Jenny Cho:Cho calls stunners like Naomi Watts and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley clients, and they're really just the tip of her stacked celebrity client list. Follow her to see how she styles her A-list clients for events and photo spreads.
3. Tracey Cunningham:When stars like Minka Kelly come in for a color touch up, you'll see it here. But the coolest part of Cunningham's feed isn't her celebrity drop-ins, it's her descriptive captions. She shares exactly how she colored her clients' hair. Pretty awesome.
Look who came in for #hilights today! #MinkaKelly who is a natural blonde I have to darken her base with #shadeseqcream 6n+1/4 5wn 10volume sometime she starts feeling a little too dark so we pop and some highlights like we did today. @redken5thave #flashlift 30volyme 1/4 oz of #olaplex #bayalage #upto7 1/8 @olaplex Rinse do #Olaplex no 2 while you were mixing up the root color shades EQ cream I mentioned on the top of the page on zone 2 #shadesEq 9nb+9n after 20 minutes lift up the ends and rinse do a gold #gloss all over 9G+9AA+8C 1and 1/2 minutes and #beautiful #isntshelovely #bronde #babylights #ombre thank you @minkak
4. Mara Roszak:Loved Emma Stone’s hair this awards season? Stylist Mara Roszak was the woman behind those gorgeous ’dos. However, her stunning styles don't stop there: Roszak also created Lily Collins’s new pixie.
5. Mark Townsend:Chances are you you've heard of Mark Townsend, and for good reason: He helps stars like Shay Mitchell, Portia de Rossi, and Kerry Washington look their best. Follow him for a fun behind-the-scenes selfies and photos of Chrissy Teigen, of course.
6. Jen Atkin:We all know that the Kardashians have great hair, and while much of that is genetics, Jen Atkin also plays a big part. She styles the family for pretty much all of their events. So if you love their locks, chances are you'll love Atkin's Instagram.
7. Adir Abergel:While Adir is a master at blowouts, it's his ponytails that really catch our eye on Instagram. From Reese Witherspoon’s look from this year's SAG Awards to Diane Kruger’s '20s-inspired ’do at the Oscars, he's our go-to for the upscale ponytail inspo.
8. Anh Co Tran:Lovers of lived-in waves will go gaga over Anh Co Tran's profile. He captures his clients post-appointment and also shares before-and-after photos for those who are in need of haircut inspiration.
9. Sarah Potempa:If you want to some braid inspiration, follow Sarah Potempa. This year, the celebrity stylist, who's behind Anna Chlumksy's gorgeous ’dos, is posting a new braided style everyday.
10. Renato Campora:You may have spied his handiwork in the pages of InStyle. In fact, he created our January cover star Jessica Chastain's silky ’do. But that's not where the inspiration ends. Campora also works with modern day hair icon Amanda Seyfried.
11. Johnny Ramirez:If you love the look of Anh Co Tran's profile, then you'll love Ramirez's too---he creates the color for Tran's clients. Look to his profile the next time you're thinking of switching up your hue.
12. Rita Hazan:Hazan is one of the most well-respected colorists in Hollywood, creating looks for Beyoncé and Jessica Simpson, just to name a couple. Follow her for tips on how to maintain your color, plus celebrity inspiration.
13. Harry Josh Hair:Not only does Harry Josh have a line of awesome hair tools, but he also is the man behind some of the prettiest hairstyles in Hollywood. Just look at the above photo of Kate Hudson for proof.