23 Designers Whose Names You Should Know
As fashion lovers, we enjoy being in-the-know about designers and brands long before the rest of the world catches on. Who's going to be the next Virgil Abloh? Where will every blogger, model, and actress be shopping in a matter of months? Well, thankfully, we just received a bit of insight, as 23 more people were just inducted into the Council of Fashion Designers of America on Oct. 10 (including Batsheva Hay, above).
Getting into the CFDA is a pretty big deal, as the not-for-profit trade association oversees the Fashion Calendar and is the organizer of the official New York Fashion Week schedule. It's also responsible for the CFDA Fashion Awards. Tom Ford is currently the chairman, taking over for Diane von Furstenberg, and with this new group of names, there are a total of 483 designers who are members, including icons like Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, and Vera Wang.
"The group includes emerging, established, and seasoned designers from across the country and around the globe — with the common thread of great talent and passion for what they do so well,” Lisa Smilor, executive VP of the CFDA, said via press release.
So what are the brands and names that you should be keeping an eye out for, according to this prestigious organization? We've got the full list of newbies, ahead.
- Diego Binetti; Love Binetti
- Emily Adams Bode, Bode
- Kristopher Brock, Brock Collection
- Laura Vassar, Brock Collection
- Beth Bugdaycay, Foundrae
- Danielle Corona, Hunting Season
- Jeffrey Dodd, Jeffrey Dodd
- Beckett Fogg, Area
- Piotrek Panszczyk, Area
- Nicola Glass, Kate Spade New York
- Victor Glemaud, Victor Glemaud
- Batsheva Hay, Batsheva
- Catherine Holstein, Khaite
- Ilana Kugel, Koral
- Jasmin Larian, Cult Gaia
- Dion Lee, Dion Lee
- Sheryl Lowe, Sheryl Lowe
- Michael Maccari, Perry Ellis
- Mary Alice Malone, Malone Souliers
- Sylvie Millstein, Hellessy
- Omar Salam, Sukeina
- Emily Smith, Lafayette 148
- Gladys Tamez, Gladys Tamez