I’m a Shopping Editor, and These Are the 30 Things on My Cyber Monday Wish List
I’ve looked through tens of thousands deals — but these are the absolute best.
As an online shopping editor, I live, eat, and breathe Black Friday and Cyber Monday for the entire month of November. For weeks, my team and I have been preparing for these ecommerce olympics by exchanging novels worth of emails with our PR contacts, analyzing historical data to predict what will go on sale (and when the best deals will happen), and, as the discounts started going live, combing endless pages of markdowns to spot the most astonishing deals of them all.
Of course, the many hours of research is never just work. Every time Cyber season rolls around, I’m rendered helpless to resist shopping the sales myself — how could I when I know I’m seeing deals too good to ever happen again? I may be a shopping editor, but I am human.
In the short couple of days that have passed between Black Friday’s official kick-off and right now, the true Cyber Monday (before it bleeds into Cyber Week), I’ve already purchased a Ratio et Motus bag marked down 40 percent (despite never having seen the brand on sale before, ever), a Khaite dress for $1,300 off, plus the $75 gift card Saks gave me for buying it, and a half-off Tarte self tanner that came with no less than five samples. And, the fact of the matter is: I’m not done yet.
Rather than hoard all the best deals, I’ve decided to share my Cyber Monday wish list. As far as my criteria goes: I like to keep my eye towards zeitgeist-nudging brands, whether they’re a household name like Paco Rabanne or an upstart with a low-key Instagram following like Mondo Mondo. Beyond that, the deals themselves must be either wildly generous or terribly rare, because I’ve seen enough deals in my days to know whether a markdown really means something or if it’s just a participation price cut.
After looking through what must be literally tens of thousands of deals, these are the 30 absolute top ones that made it to my wish list. Join me in shopping the best fashion, beauty, and home sales below, just don’t make them go out of stock before I talk my credit card into letting me hit “buy.”
Best Clothing Deals
- B Sides Plein Vintage Floral Patchwork Straight Leg Jeans, $195 (Originally $325)
- Shushu/Tong Long Sleeve Tiered Satin Minidress, $382 (Originally $545)
- Loewe Daisy Print Cotton Tee, $190 (Originally $590)
- Charlotte Knowles SSENSE Exclusive Purple & Yellow Cross-Front Blouse, $312 (Originally $390)
- Y/Project Asymmetric Turtleneck Sweater, $216 (Originally $619)
Best Handbag Deals
- By Far Black Croc Rachel Bag, $290 (Originally $420)
- The Row Bindle Suede Shoulder Bag, $571 (Originally $1,190)
- Nanushka Tao Vegan Leather Belt Bag, $192 (Originally $385)
- Jacquemus Beige Linen 'Le Chiquito' Clutch, $357 (Originally $510)
- Paco Rabanne Sac Porte Epaule Bag, $342 with code SHOP20 (Originally $854)
Best Accessory Deals
- Prada 67mm Cat Eye Sunglasses, $100 (Originally $445)
- Simone Rocha Cherub Jacquard Knee High Socks, $46 (Originally $65)
- Chopova Lowena Silver Zillertal Necklace, $218 (Originally $295)
- Toteme Tan Wool Bova Scarf, $150 (Originally $200)
- Senia Infinity Earrings, $212 with code FRIDAYFIFTEEN (Originally $250)
Best Shoe Deals
Best Beauty Deals
- Plant People Restore Face Mask, $42 (Originally $60)
- Ayond Metamorph Cleansing Balm, $64 (Originally $80)
- Mondo Mondo I Like You In Velvet Perfume, $144 (Originally $160)
- Goop Beauty “The Martini” Emotional Detox Bath Soak, $28 with code gimme20 (Originally $35)
- Baby Foot Easy Pack Original Deep Skin Exfoliation for Feet, $18 (Originally $25)
Best Home Deals
Shop More Cyber Monday 2020 Deals:
- 50 Early Cyber Monday Fashion and Beauty Sales That You Can Already Shop
- This Secret Cyber Monday Sale Has Famous Designer Handbags for Outlet Prices
- The Vitamin C Serum With 30,000 Perfect Ratings Is Only $19 Right Now
- Dermstore’s Sale Is 111 Pages Long — and It’s Still Going Strong
- Jennifer Aniston’s Favorite Comfy (and Seamless) Underwear Is Over Half Off at Nordstrom Rack