Best Iron: Rowenta Steam Care
Each product we feature has been independently selected and reviewed by our editorial team. If you make a purchase using the links included, we may earn commission.
- For those who think irons haven’t advanced past the 20st century, you might be surprised to find out how sophisticated they’ve become. The latest models combine the smoothing capabilities of a steamer with the heat and precision of the classic iron. While there are lots of great options on the market—Panasonic's Cordless Iron ($90) was a close second—the Rowenta Steam Care Iron rose above the rest for its ease of use and auto-adjust heat technology.
- BUY: Rowenta Steam Care Iron, $70; macys.com
- The secret? A patented microsteam soleplate that smooths out everything from silk to denim with one smart temperature setting. The precision tip also makes it easy to target those hard-to-reach areas like collars and pockets. And unlike other irons we’ve tried, the built-in water sprayer isn’t spitty at all—it delivers a fine mist that helps dissolve even the most stubborn wrinkles. The iron itself is formidable, so if you’re looking for something lighter and more portable, the brand also recently released a smaller hybrid, the Rowenta Steam 'N Press ($30). It isn’t as powerful as the Steam Care, but it still offers good quality for its compact size.
VIDEO: Amazon Is Changing The Way You Shop
- Wins for: Design, Functionality, and Affordability
- 1600 watt autoadjust heat technology
- Patented microsteam soleplate for even heat distribution
- 20 minutes of steam time per filling
- 7foot cord for extended reach
- Automatic shutoff
See the rest of InStyle's 2017 Best of Tech picks here.