How to Wear Fall's Hottest Footwear
How to Wear Fall's Hottest Footwear
Dark neutrals are a fantastic backdrop for red. The tank's graphic pattern picks up the crocodile texture of the platforms.
Miu Miu embossed leather platforms, $640; at select Miu Miu stores.
• MM Couture by Miss Me polyster-spandex vest, $87; missme.com.
• Alexander Wang silk tank, $325; at Opening Ceremony.
• Paul & Joe Sister wool-acrylic skirt, $192; 662-234-9907.
• Hue tights, $13; at Bloomingdale's.
• Dior Fine Jewelry 18kt gold ring with diamonds, $710; 212-931-2950.
A dress with a similar trim is fun and flirtatious, but keep other accessories, like the clutch, minimal. Otherwise it’s too much of a good thing.
Rene Caovilla satin stilettos with Swarovski crystals and feathers, $1,100; at Neiman Marcus.
amp#149; Theory viscose blend dress with feathers, $365; Bloomingdales.com.
amp#149; Devi Kroell satin, leather and metal clutch, $1,890; 212-228-3201.
Loose jeans relax the entire silhouette. A bright purse shows that bold hues contrast beautifully with muted shoes.
Brian Atwood suede booties, $933; saksfifthavenue.com.
• Theory wool-polyester vest, $295; at Nordstrom.
• Kimberly Taylor silk tank, $187; 212-944-6700.
• Marc by Marc Jacobs cotton jeans, $188; at Saks Fifth Avenue.
• Louis Vuitton satin, leather and metal clutch, $2,575; 866-884-8866.
• Elizabeth Cole gold plated necklace, $163; 888-242-4552.
Temper such sexy footwear with a long librarian cardigan, a jersey scarf and black leggings.
Sergio Rossi suede boots, $1,495; 305-864-3643.
• Hanii Y wool-acrylic sweater, $495; 914-472-4033.
• Joie silk tank, $154; at Nordstrom.
• Adam modal scarf, $45; 212-229-2838.
• Wolford leggings, $42; 800-965-3673.
• Iosselliani gold vermeil bracelet, $265; 609-497-0704.
High-Heeled Biker Boots
Next to tough kicks, delicate fabric in an arty print looks unexpected. Short is the most flattering dress length with midcalf boots.
Tod’s leather boots, $945; at Tod’s stores.
amp#149; Karen Walker silk dress, $449; 410-458-6542.
Feminize a masculine lace-up with bare legs and a minidress. A sheer cardigan provides another seductive note.
Via Spiga leather brogues, $198; at select Bloomingdale’s stores.
amp#149; Schumacher silk cardigan, $567; 718-645-7465.
amp#149; Parker silk dress, $242; at Saks Fifth Avenue.
amp#149; Jerome Dreyfuss python bag, $2,839; shopbop.com.
A colorful slipper punctuates a classic combo of white shirt and black pants. The purse is equally vibrant.
Sue London leather flats, $148; suelondon.com.
• Kostym by Cheap Monday cotton blouse, $115; 212-995-8660.
• Clu silk-cotton pants, $185; 203-226-9772.
• Alexander Wang leather and metal purse, $725; 212-941-9656.
• Dannijo silver bracelets, $180-$220; dannijo.com.
Showing the shape of the leg is key to balancing solid footwear. Sheer socks look sweet, while the studded belt echoes the shoes’ detail and gives it a bit of edge.
Maxmara leather heels with studs, $795; 212-879-6100.
amp#149; Vince lamb's hair vest, $795; at Saks Fifth Avenue.
amp#149; Nation Ltd. cotton blend top, $71; nationltd.com.
amp#149; Linea Pelle leather and brass belt, $125; 631-267-6117.
amp#149; APC wool skirt, $140; 212-966-0069.
amp#149; Ilux silk socks, $28; 646-638-2323.
amp#149; Burberry brass ring, $175; burberry.com.
Crystals and sequins can coexist as long as the dress is short and monochromatic. With so much sparkle, nix the jewelry.
Pour La Victoire leather and crystal flats, $210; at Nordstrom.
• Current/Elliott cotton jacket, $288; shopbop.com.
• Davidelfin polyamide and sequins dress, $680; at Searle.