9 Celebrity-Inspired Ways to Layer Necklaces
Forget everything you once knew about accessorizing. These days, anything goes: mixing metals, experimenting with textiles, layering varied lengths and pairing statements with statements—you get the idea. In fact, the more diverse your necklace combos are, the better.
And the stars know it, too. If you're anything like Miranda Kerr, give into your compulsion to team a gold cut-out statement piece with a long double-wrapped diamond strand (or, a low-maintenance white sequined version for everyday wear). Or, take a style cue from Alessandra Ambrosio who modeled a seriously cool look with a stack of delicate necklaces.
Rules are meant to be broken, so reach for everything your heart desires and pile 'em on. We rounded up and shopped out celebrity-approved inspo to help you get started. Accessories sold separately.
Mix Beads With Metal
- Miranda Kerr united an unlikely pairing-a gold cut-out statement piece and a long double-wrapped diamond-encrusted strand. While hers were meant for a much more formal affair, make yours for everyday wear with white sequins instead of diamonds. Shop the necklaces with our picks, from top:
- Iwona Ludyga Design, $146; iwonaludygadesign.com
- Alexis Bittar, $195; shopbop.com
Pile On Delicate Pieces
Brighten Up With A Bold Layer
Team Fringe With Fringe
Combine a Collar and a Lariat
Stack One Atop Another
Layer Up On Ladylike Accents
- Teaming a demure collar necklace with a pretty pearl pendant can quickly turn a delicate aesthetic into an edgy one. Let Sarah Jessica Parker be your muse and do the same. Shop the necklaces, from top:
- Serafina, $62; shopbop.com
- See on Parker: Veronika Borchers for Pearl Collective, $450; pearlcollective.com
Play with Extreme Lengths
Rock a Gemstone and Gilded Strands
- There's no one quite like Solange Knowles when it comes to fierce fashion. She unapologetically doubled up on two chunky pieces: a three-stone collar and an ornate cross. If that's too busy for your taste, scale back with one stone and gold-plated snake chains. Shop the necklaces, from top:
- Kendra Scott, $275; kendrascott.com
- Paige Novick, $345; shopbop.com