Instead of sticking to the traditional fashion calendar, Tommy Hilfiger shows his collection in a truly extravagant manner. He's done it in the form of a huge carnival ... at a rock concert in London ... in Milan with a race track, and this year, he took his collection across the world to to Shanghai. RELATED: A Look at the Fall 2018 Tommy Hilfiger Show As part of the collection, Hilfiger debuted the Fall 2018 Tommy Icons, a capsule collection that allows you to celebrate all those nostalgic feels. Think classic Tommy (a jean jacket, a rugby print) but with a 2018 twist. The designer and his team dug deep into the brand's archives to find the best of the best: a gold puffer, an Oxford shirt, an Arctic-inspired puffer ... Here, we spoke to the designer himself about the pieces from the capsule and what inspired them. VIDEO: Check Out Gigi Hadid's Last Tommy Now Show In Milan
What do a cherry red cowboy hat, the late R&B singer Aaliyah, and an old typewriter have in common? The hearts of some seriously major designers. This delightfully random assortment of things represents just a few of the answers we got after putting an ask out to five creative geniuses behind beloved American labels for the objects of their lifelong obsessions—and, of course, the full backstory. Brandon Maxwell, Bob Mackie, Tommy Hilfiger, Jason Wu, and Tory Burch have their eye on some pretty eclectic goods right now. Keep scrolling down for the surprising scoop on what the fashion stars you love, well, love.
More Tommy Hilfiger
- Serena Williams and Gigi Hadid Toast Tommy Hilfiger's New Memoir
- Tommy Hilfiger's New Memoir Is a Fashion Lover's Must-Read
- Tommy Hilfiger Explains Why Gigi Hadid Is the Perfect Collaborator: "I Could See Passion in Her Eyes"
- Why Gigi Hadid Wowed at Tommy Hilfiger (Plus the Lowdown on Thakoon at #NYFW)
- Taylor Swift Sits Front Row at Tommy Hilfiger and Everything Else to Know About the Carnival-Themed Show