Celebrity Meghan Markle Meghan Markle Breaks Her Silence On Archie’s Birth Certificate Change "There's a lot going on in the world; let's focus on that rather than creating clickbait." By InStyle Editors InStyle Editors Facebook Instagram Twitter Our editors and writers comprise decades of expertise across the beauty, fashion, lifestyle and wellness spaces in print and digital. We prioritize journalistic integrity, factual accuracy, and also having fun with every story we share. InStyle's editorial guidelines Published on February 1, 2021 @ 08:13AM Pin Share Tweet Email Meghan Markle is setting the record straight. After The Sun reported that Markle's name "Rachel Meghan" had been replaced on her son Archie's birth certificate to read "Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Sussex," a spokesperson has come forward saying that this change was not made by the Duchess. "The change of name on public documents in 2019 was dictated by The Palace, as confirmed by documents from senior Palace officials," the spokesperson told Hello Magazine. "This was not requested by Meghan, The Duchess of Sussex nor by The Duke of Sussex." There was speculation that the Sussexes made the change as a "snub" to the Cambridges — since Kate Middleton's name is included on all of her children's birth certificates — or as an ode to Harry's mom, Princess Diana, as she always used "Her Royal Highness the Princess of Wales" instead of her name. But the spokesperson also shut down these rumors. Prince Harry Is Setting the Record Straight on Whether He and Meghan Markle Will Return to Social Media "To see this U.K. tabloid and their carnival of so-called 'experts' chose to deceptively whip this into a calculated family 'snub' and suggest that she would oddly want to be nameless on her child's birth certificate, or any other legal document would be laughable were it not offensive. There's a lot going on in the world; let's focus on that rather than creating clickbait." Just earlier this month the two also had to negate rumors that they had quit social media after almost a year of being off platforms. Prince Harry toldFast Company, that hadn't officially called it quits yet. "We will revisit social media when it feels right for us — perhaps when we see more meaningful commitments to change or reform — but right now we've thrown much of our energy into learning about this space and how we can help," he said.