By Faith Cummings
Jun 30, 2017 @ 9:45 am
Walter McBride/Getty

Let's be honest: any news about Sex and the City makes us positively giddy.

So we can officially crown this the best Friday ever now that Cynthia Nixon is on board with doing a third installment of the film. On Thursday morning at The Wrap's Power Women Breakfast in New York City, the Primetime Emmy award-winning actress said "of course" she'd do another SATC film.

She told the site's founder and CEO Sharon Waxman that she'd love to bring back her role as Miranda Hobbes, as well as expressing her overall love for the hit series. "It holds up. It really holds up," she stated. We couldn't agree more! And it's clear that she and her former cast mates are still close, as Kristin Davis was one of the people who convinced her to get on Instagram earlier this month.

It has been seven years since the second Sex and the City film. Back in February, Sarah Jessica Parker spoke about the possibility of a third as well. "The idea remains a real possibility but when is the right time?," the Divorce actress stated. "I guess that's what it all boils down to—when! So we'll see." How about now?

RELATED: This Mini SATC Reunion Happened in New York City

WATCH: SJP Talks SATC

Nixon's Broadway play The Little Foxes closes next week. She has two films in post-production, one she just completed, and another that was just announced. So while we're patiently awaiting more SATC news, she'll be hard at work—making us all tune in everywhere, from the big screen to the stage.

Advertisement