Armie Hammer's Ex-Wife Elizabeth Chambers Seemingly Addressed Allegations Against the Actor
It seems like eons ago that Armie Hammer and Elizabeth Chambers's divorce was making headlines, but any lingering drama was quickly overshadowed by harrowing allegations made against the actor by several women.
As you may recall, one particular woman claimed that Hammer is, "100% a cannibal," and other alleged victims' stories seemed to corroborate that statement. Courtney Vucekovich told Page Six Hammer had expressed interest in breaking one of her ribs so he could "barbecue and eat it." Paige Lorenze reportedly said that Hammer "was telling me you can remove the bottom ribs so he could smoke them, cook them and eat them."
Anyway, a strangely on-the-nose movie announcement was made on Thursday: Hammer's Call Me By Your Name director and co-star, Luca Guadagnino and Timothée Chalamet, respectively, are reuniting for a film called Bones & All. The project, in which Taylor Russell is in talks to star, is described by The Hollywood Reporter as following a woman "as she searches for the father she's never met in an attempt to understand why she has the urge to kill and eat the people that love her."
Just Jared shared the news on Instagram, describing the film as a "cannibal love story," and posting a photo of Guadagnino, Chalamet, and Hammer together.
Chambers commented on the post, appearing to publicly weigh in on the scandal for the first time since allegations against her ex-husband surfaced. "No. Words," the mother of two wrote.
Hammer has dropped out of two projects since allegations began to swirl. Earlier this month it was announced that the actor would be "stepping away" from Jennifer Lopez rom-com Shotgun Wedding.
In a statement obtained by Variety, the actor addressed his departure. "I'm not responding to these bullshit claims but in light of the vicious and spurious online attacks against me, I cannot in good conscience now leave my children for 4 months to shoot a film in the Dominican Republic," he said. "Lionsgate is supporting me in this and I'm grateful to them for that."
Just last night it was revealed that Hammer had also dropped out of Paramount Plus series The Offer, which is expected to tell the behind-the-scenes story of making The Godfather.