Look Great in a Tank
Look Great in a Tank
De-jiggle Your Wave
WORKOUT• 15 push-ups on a stability ball (place your hands shoulder-width apart on the ball, feet on the floor)
• 15 diamond push-ups (your index fingers and thumbs should touch to form a diamond).
• Tricep kickbacks with 3-5 pound weights (bend over at waist, keep bent arms tight at your sides, push your arm straight back and return). Rotate your palm up as you extend your tricep for added burn.
• Finish with a round of high-intensity cardio.
BONUS TIPGet more arm workouts from David's latest book: David Kirsch's Abs & Arms ($13; at davidkirschwellness.com).
Create Lean Muscle
WORKOUTUse a Valband Deluxe or similar product to complete the following exercises.
• 15 rows
• 10 push-ups
• 15 bicep curls
• 15 tricep extensions
• Repeat and follow up with 30 minutes of cardio.
BONUS TIP"When you group 4-6 strength exercises together in a circuit, you will get a total body pump," says Waters. "You will melt fat and feel tighter right away!"
Sculpt Sexy Biceps
WORKOUT• Sit on an incline bench with your head on the pad and arms hanging at your sides.
• Hold 10-pound dumbbells with the heads of the dumbbells facing forward.
• Raise the dumbbells while simultaneously turning wrists outward, going from a hammer curl to a regular bicep curl at the top of the move.
• Slowly lower the dumbbell as you twist inward back to the start position.
• Do three sets of 15-20 reps.
BONUS TIPWorkout with Ramona at home with her latest workout DVD, 321 Training Method, $30.
Eliminate Armpit Excess
WORKOUT"Hugging a tree" is a standard Pilates exercise that can be done sitting or standing. Move slowly and focus on your posture:
amp#149; Reach your arms out straight to your sides, palms facing inwards.
amp#149; Bring both hands in and together as if you are pressing two walls in together (or hugging a tree trunk).
amp#149; Open arms and pull them apart, creating your own resistance.
amp#149; Repeat 20 times and follow up with 15 push-ups.
BONUS TIPStuart also recommends the Flex Ring Toner by Balanced Body, $45. Strengthen and tone the same area by squeezing the ring in and out.
Slim Your Shoulders
WORKOUT• Extend your arms out to your sides with straight elbows. Keep your shoulders down and away from your ears (this activates and tones the upper back).
• Flex and extend your wrists 30 times, moving the hands up and down.
• Do 30 small arm circles.
BONUS TIPAdd ½-pound weighted piloxing gloves for even faster results!
Define Your Upper Arm
WORKOUTamp#149; Tricep dips, followed by standing overhead tricep extensions (hold a single dumbbell with both hands behind your head, extend arms straight up and return).
amp#149; Close grip bench press, followed by decline tricep extensions.
BONUS TIPFollow Mike on twitter @mikeheatlie for daily training and weight loss advice.
Get Overall Tone
WORKOUT• Bench dips (face away from a bench and rest your body weight on your palms (fingers forward) behind you. Move your feet forward slightly and keep your body straight. Bend arms to a 90 degree angle and return) combined with a reverse grip pulldown (grip the bar attachment on a lat pulldown machine, making sure you grip the bar with palms facing in and space your arms shoulder-width apart) will work all three parts of the tricep muscle. Go until you're too tired to have good form.
• Dumbbell hammer curls will work both the biceps and the shoulders.
• Keep changing things up, whether it's amount of reps, sets or exercises. A confused muscle is a challenged one!
BONUS TIP"Consistency is key and motivating yourself to stay on track is HUGE," says Paul. "Enlist friends and family to help you reach your goals and keep you accountable."
Perfect Your Posture
WORKOUTamp#149; Lay on your stomach on an incline bench.
amp#149; Hold moderate weight in both hands, arms hanging at your sides.
amp#149; Keeping your shoulders relaxed and down, lift your arms up slowly until they are just above your body and return.
amp#149; Do three sets of eight reps two times per week for the best results.
BONUS TIPFollow Mandy on Twitter @msmandyingber for a daily dose of her yogalosophy.