10 Ways to Look Better Naked
10 Ways to Look Better Naked
Turn On the Lights
We know that trick: Clothes come off, lights go out. But according to L.A. interior designers Ron Woodson and Jaime Rummerfield, there's a more exciting alternative to getting frisky in the dark. "Amber light casts skin in a warm, rosy glow," says Woodson, who suggests placing a red-hued bulb in bedside lamps and painting your ceiling a barely there shade of peach or pink to enhance the effect.
Light Bulbs Direct 60-watt amber flame ($2, left) and 25-watt transparent bulb ($1);
- Come-hither eyes, flushed cheeks, and a ripe, sensual mouth are the perfect complements to your birthday suit, says makeup artist Mally Roncal. She suggests a palette of spiced-up neutrals-peach lipstick, taupe shadows—that mimic your natural skin tone.
- Becca Lip amp Cheek Creme in Blossom, $29; beccacosmetics.com. Neutrogena Moisture Shine Lip Sheer in Cool Nectar, $9; at Ulta. Rimmel London Colour Rush Trio eye shadow in Orion, $5; at CVS.
Hide Your Stripes
- There's no way to erase stretch marks completely, but there are tricks to make them less noticeable. Ask your doctor about prescription-strength retinoid cream to thicken skin or, for a quick fix, use a self-tanner to hide the lines.
- Kate Somerville Somer 360° tanning towelettes, $48/8; katesomerville.com.
Relax and Beat the Bloat!
- Most cleanses sound like a recipe for misery (cayenne pepper and lemon juice, anyone?). This detox is more our speed. Simply pour the woodsy-smelling salts into a bath and soak for 30 minutes. We shed 3 inches of water weight and felt thinner for about 48 hours.
- INA Crystals White Gold Detoxifying Crystal Salts, $85/35.2 oz.; spacenk.com.
No time for a waxing appointment? Cindy Barshop, owner of Completely Bare spas, offers this at-home technique: Use a bikini trimmer (it's safer than scissors) to crop hair, then apply a depilatory cream like Completely Bare Citrus Hair Remover Creme ($38; completelybare.com) to remove new growth-it's a better option than razors, especially if you are prone to ingrowns.
- When it comes to bedhead, there's a fine line between kempt and unkempt. "You want waves that look rumpled and sexy, not like you've literally rolled out of bed," says celebrity hairstylist Ted Gibson. To create body and movement, rock a casual French twist during the day-gather hair in a low pony-tail, twirl the tail up, secure with pins, and mist with a light-hold spray-then shake it out for just the right amount of disheveled elegance.
- Aveda Air Control hair spray, $24; aveda.com.
Haven't had time for regular workouts? Fear not, says David Kirsch, Heidi Klum's trainer. To quickly—albeit temporarily-tighten your jiggly areas before a big date, he suggests a mini circuit. "Five minutes before you get in the shower, do 10 squats, 10 sumo lunges, and 10 push-ups. You'll feel firmer and more confident, and stand taller."
Hide and Treat
- To camouflage body blemishes, Mally Roncal applies a cream concealer and sets it with translucent powder. Speed up the healing of mild bruises by using an arnica cream, says N.Y.C. dermatologist Francesca Fusco.
- Goldfaden Arnica & Vitamin K Healing Renewal bruise cream, $75; goldfaden.com. Mally Beauty Cancellation concealer set, $35; mallybeauty.com.
Leave a Trail
It's no secret that the small of a woman's back is a very sexy region of the body, so draw attention to that sultry curve with eye-catching jewels. Wear a slinky lariat chain softly looped so that it tumbles down your spine.
Bazz by Thea Grant lariat necklace with gold-filled chain and amethyst pendant, $850; 503-525-0043.