Kim, Kendall, and Kylie Twinned in Beige at Yeezy Season 4, and 8 More Things to Know About the Show
Madison Square Garden? Been there, done that. Kanye West not only staged his Yeezy Season 3 show at the famed venue earlier this year but also performed there as recent as Tuesday night, where, in true Yeezus fashion, he hovered above the mosh pit on a floating stage at his Saint Pablo concert. So of course—of course—'Ye would leave Manhattan altogether for Season 4, making him responsible for yet another one of the buzziest moments in New York Fashion Week history. From the controversial casting call to the show's secret location to the star-studded front row, scroll through to read up on all the things you should know about Yeezy Season 4.
1. The weekend before the show, West held a model casting call that sparked controversy in the Twitterverse for its "multiracial women only" exclusivity.
2. The show's location was kept a secret. Editors were given an address where they boarded buses that whisked them away to the destination (nearly an hour later): Franklin D. Roosevelt Four Freedoms Park on Roosevelt Island, a narrow strip of land situated on the East River, sandwiched between Manhattan and Queens.
3. West is a man of tradition—he tapped Vanessa Beecroft once again to choreograph the performance.
4. It wouldn't be a Yeezy show without the fam's support. Kim Kardashian West, Kendall Jenner, Kylie Jenner all showed (trailed by a KUTK film crew) in monochromatic beige shades, courtesy of Yeezy, natch.
5. Noticeably absent from the front row? North West. But Kim, Kendall, and Kylie were joined by Tyga, so that's something. Also in the audience: Fabolous, 2 Chainz, Pusha T, designer buddy Virgil Abloh of Off-White.
6. The squad of models stood (or in some cases, sat or collapsed from the heat and sheer exhaustion) in formation, just like seasons' past. They were clad in very Kim K-like apparel (think: bodysuits, curve-hugging knits, thigh-high boots, oversize outerwear) in neutral shades ranging from beige to forest green.
7. Nicole Richie's 18-year-old sister Sofia made her second New York Fashion Week runway walk ever at Yeezy Season 4 in a pantsless look, featuring a giant mustard yellow hooded coat and white thigh-high boots.
8. Teyana Taylor, the star of West's newly released music video "Fade," also starred as a model on the runway, showing off her famous abs in a bralette and bike shorts.
9. And finally, model Chanel Iman closed the show in slouchy inky separates.