We've seen diversity on the runway improve so much, from models with different body types to girls with various hair textures. Now, brands are also representing more women by expanding their nude offerings. For years the word nude was sort of one-size-fits-all. You could either choose from beige or a very similar taupe. Options for women with deeper skin tones have been non-existent until recently.
VIDEO: Make a Statement with Nude Lips
Brands like Mented Cosmetics are finally stepping up to the plate to create products with all skin tones in mind. The founders KJ Miller and Amanda E. Johnson spent years trying to find a nude lipstick that complemented their skin. With no luck, they started their own makeup company, and they have already perfected six lipstick shades for women of color.
Mented Cosmetics isn't the only brand that's rethinking the word nude. There are shoe companies, nail polish lines, and lingerie brands that are proving that nude products shouldn't be made for just one group of women. If you've been on the prowl for a really diverse range of nudes, we've picked out our favorites below to make finding your perfect shade easier.
1. Christian Louboutin's shoe collection includes a spectrum of nude shades.
2. Nubian Skin has lingerie, hoisery, and shoes for women with darker skin tones.
3. Sephora employees always recommend Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation because it comes in 40 shades.
4. Naja is an eco-friendly company that has a rainbow of nude undies and bras.
5. Kahmune is a new shoe company that offers ten nude options for all women.
6. Zoya is owning the nude nail-polish section with the Naturel 3 collection.
7. Mahogany Blues Dance Apparel isn't leaving anyone out with its leotard options.
8. L.A. Girl Cosmetics will always be a favorite concealer with more than 20 shades.