Let's face it: Work clothes can get boring. After weeks (if not seasons) of gravitating toward neutral colors, predictable silhouettes, and no-frills basics, piecing together outfits every morning can seem more like a chore than anything else. Try mixing things up this season with bold hues, like a pop of orange for the daring or a deep burgundy if you skew more shy. Alternatively, experiment with new shapes and styles. To help you mix up your office looks for fall—we pulled together 7 pieces to help get you started.
1. Topshop vest ($125; topshop.com): A vest is incredibly versatile. It can work in the office by taking the place of a blazer or as a great layering piece for tricky transitional weather. This bold red-orange pairs perfectly with navy, gray or tan.
2. Michael Kors watch ($195; shopbop.com): A tan strap is neutral, but it feels fresh against other bright colors.
3. J. Crew turtleneck ($90; jcrew.com): A navy turtleneck is the perfect base for adding color. Throw in some red or mustard or try to work in dark green, orange, cobalt, pink—really, any color!
4. Topshop Unique skirt ($360; net-a-porter.com): A mustard-colored skirt has been a must-have around our office. This suede style with patch pockets is a fall staple.
5. Le Pen bright colors set ($13; dickblick.com): If you are adding color to your look, you might as well add it to your desk.
6. Senso heels ($285; asos.com): Swap your black pumps for burgundy this season. They're the new neutral.
7. Dior BB cream ($45; dior.com): Go for a clean face—this BB cream is great for a bit of coverage and moisture.