You may as well just call 2014 the year of Tilda Swinton. The actress appeared in three movies (The Grand Budapest Hotel, Only Lovers Left Alive, and Snowpiercer), landed a gig as the face of Nars Cosmetics, and wowed us time and time again with her unique sartorial choices. And now, Swinton has been named GQ's Woman of the Year, and we couldn't agree more with their choice. And as if we didn't love her enough, the magazine's profile of the Scot gives us an intimate look at the inner working of her mind. Read on for five things we didn't know about Swinton that make us love her more:
1. She has the best out of office reply on her email ... ever. After receiving an email from the actress, GQ’s Zach Baron responded, only to receive an out-of-office reply that reads, "Hello, I am away until 01/01/2070 and am unable to read your message." Top that.
2. Swinton has a veritable micro farm on her Scottish estate and it includes a tortoise named Slowly and quite a few hens—one of which is named Speckled Jim. She also has four cocker spaniels.
3. Her unique tastes reach far beyond the closet. While out to lunch, Swinton forced Baron to try haggis—although she ate most of the dish herself.
4. She doesn't like to talk about herself. When Baron asks Swinton about her films, he says her eyes, "cloud over with boredom." How refreshing!
5. Like many of us, she felt like she didn't fit in during the earlier stages of her life. "I spent a lot of time thinking that I was some kind of foundling," she says in the profile. "That I had been a changeling, that I had been found under a bush somewhere, and that I couldn't possibly be kin—but the more I live, the more I feel absolutely like I come out of my family. I'm a sort of strange natural progression."