Sunday night was an historic evening in television history. It marked the beginning of the Rob & Chyna era, as E! debuted its newest reality show that will follow the life and times of Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna as they embark on a new life journey of love, a baby and (hopefully) marriage, in that order. And although we’ve been watching their whirlwind romance play out on social media and in the tabloids, the good people over at E! decided it would be wise to give Americans a closer look at the controversial couple—and we’re so glad they did.
We’ve already learned a ton of new information from just one episode of the show. For starters: It’s a girl! The couple announced their pregnancy in May, just weeks after announcing their speedy engagement (they’d only confirmed their couple status about three months prior), and on Sunday's premiere, cameras caught the precious moment when an ultrasound revealed their first child together would be a girl. I mean, it was cute. We also learned where the couple first met (Chyna revealed it was at Kardashian’s younger sister Kendall Jenner’s birthday party), a bit about Chyna’s backstory (she had a much different upbringing from Kardashian), and a lot more about the people who comprise their inner circle (thankfully, Lord Scott Disick is still in the fold).
OK, we know what you’re thinking: What could possibly be interesting about yet another Keeping Up with the Kardashians spin-off? We can’t say we weren’t kind of thinking the same thing at first. But from the looks of the pilot episode, we actually think R&C will be something to talk about. Read on for the five questions we hope will be answered as season one goes on. And don’t forget to tune in to Rob & Chyna Sunday nights at 9 p.m. ET on E!.
1. Is their relationship really as volatile as it seems? The couple’s first on-camera fights were intense. We’re talking screaming on the phone and threatening to break up. Is it real, or is it all for the show? And will their fights further impact their already delayed wedding?
2. How do the Kardashian sisters really feel about the relationship? It’s hard to tell how the Kar-Jenner clan feel about this relationship, and to be fair, it’s complicated, so we totally get it. But one minute they’re friends and the next minute, they’re foes, so what’s the deal?
3. Will Amber Rose make a cameo? Rose and Chyna have been besties for some time, but only time will tell if Rose has been invited to appear on the show. After all, she’s got a complicated relationship with the Kardashians, as well.
4. What will the baby’s name be? Chyna already has a son, King, with rapper Tyga (who’s now romantically involved with Kardashian’s youngest sister, Kylie Jenner—try to keep up, people!), so will she keep with the royal theme and name her daughter Queen—or rather, Kween?
5. Will Rob’s health improve? In one of the more real moments in the episode, Kardashian chatted with confidant Disick about the current state of his health—and it’s not looking great. It seems that Kardashian now has diabetes as a result of his recent weight gain. Here’s hoping he gets better.