Fashion week spans an entire month, with a week dedicated to each of the four fashion capitals of the world: New York City, London, Milan, and Paris. As seasoned showgoers, InStyle editors know the ins and outs of each city. We asked Accessories Director Meggan Crum to share her go-to spots, favorite landmarks, and local boutique in Milan.
1. Where do you go for a drink in between shows?
"Bar Basso for the Negroni cocktail!"
2. What's the landmark you never fail to Insta?
"The Duomo. It's absolutely stunning."
3. What is your favorite local boutique? And why?
"I love Corso Como for their unique selection of accessories, clothing, home and beauty items from the best brands around the world."
4. What is your favorite import that you like to stock up on, and why?
"I love going to Peck to stock up on Italian speciality culinary items, like olive oil and mustards. My husband is a foodie and an amazing cook so this is the perfect spot to buy gifts for him."
5. What's your favorite place to grab dinner? Why?
"There's a new place called The Small that my fashion editor friend discovered a few seasons ago. The owner is a cool young guy who is a lovely host. He always makes us feel at home there."
6. Which place serves the best coffee?
"Bar Luce is very cool. It's at the Prada Museum and was designed by Wes Anderson. You feel like you're in a Wes Anderson film drinking amazing Italian coffee."
7. What's the best way to spend an afternoon off?
"Walking around Duomo area, hitting up the Marni or Corso Como outlets or just walking around the center of Milan."
8. What's the #1 travel tip for the city?
"Almost everything is walking distance, so wear comfy shoes and have your Google Maps app handy!"
9. Where do you always stay when you visit?
10. What's the best place for a mani/pedi/spa treatment/blow-out?
"I have no idea! I never have time for that until I get to Paris. I do love going to the pharmacies and beauty shops throughout the city and stocking up on European beauty products that you can't find in the states."