Now here’s some news that’s truly excelente: Latin superstar Thalia Sodi teamed up with Macy’s to create a line of apparel, shoes, and jewelry—and every piece is under $100.
The Mexican singer officially launched the line last night with an event at Goldbar in New York City, where she hosted a fashion show that was livestreamed on Facebook to Thalia’s 14 million-plus followers (ICYMI, watch it here). “This was a big effort to create this amazing collection for the Latinas out there,” she said after 15 looks from her new line hit the runway. “Estoy muy emocionada.”
Several weeks ago, the Latin Grammy winner gave us a sneak peek at the collection. Like her music, she told us she wanted every item to feel upbeat. “I believe that, especially in the world that we live in at this time, everything that surrounds us is so dramatic, so negative, so dark,” she said. “We need to give light to this world. We need to show the positive side of humanity. That’s why I always to emphasize the good side of life, whether it’s in my collection, my music, or even my Instagram. It’s my motto.”
Her own va-va-voom personal style served as her inspiration. “Everything in the collection is something that personally I feel comfortable wearing,” she said. “I like clothes that expand with my lifestyle. I just don’t like the kind of clothing that makes you feel static or hard—I like to feel free, and that’s what this collection has.”
Here are five things she wanted to include in her line most:
1. Leopard PrintLast night, her look was a full-on leopard-print jumpsuit ($100). “This is one of my favorite prints,” she said. “Wearing leopard print is one easy way to feel confident, sexy and incredibly amazing.” You can be sure it's on many things: Skirts, accessories, and even the lining of trenches.
2. No Boring LBDSThalia doesn't wear just any plain LBD. For her collection, she added prints to make it extra Thalia-like, as seen on this printed knit style ($90).
3. Bright Colors“I like fun, happy colors,” she said. And she meant it! Sunny shades like hot pink, neon blue, and bright red serve as accents throughout the line, like on these rhinestone-studded sandals ($60).
4. Tops With Built-In JewelryThalia is an actress, mother, singer and philanthropist—so needless to say, her schedule’s packed. Therefore, she wanted to create some time-saving pieces for women. The result? Blouses that have jewelry-like accents built in, such as this chainlink top ($60). “It adds something to a simple top and gives it a little flavor,” she said. “It makes you feel different and special, in a really easy way.”
5. Blingy ShoesFor her footwear, she wanted to make sure they “had something extra” because shoes “are the base for your confidence.” These sandals have built-in anklets ($60).
The line is available now at Macy’s stores across the country and online at macys.com.