As Kim Kardashian so aptly declared, yesterday was ThursYe, aka the day of Kanye West's much-hyped Yeezy Season 3 show, as well as the scheduled release date for his new album, The Life of Pablo. The simultaneous occurence nearly caused the Internet to implode, but it also brought us the rapper's seventh solo LP, which is gospel-tinged with booming instrumentals and features guest vocals from The Weeknd, Rihanna, Mary J. Blige, and more. And, of course, it's not without West's trademark nonsensical lines. Below, we rounded up the best of the bunch, for your weekend amusement.
1. "Fashion show in Gotham, I need another costume / PETA's mad 'cause I made a jacket outta possum." — Kanye West, "Freestyle 4"
2. "I'm the ghetto Oprah." — Kanye West, "Freestyle 4"
3. "I need every bad b-tch up in Equinox / I need to know right know if you a freak or not." — Kanye West, "High Lights"
4. "What if Kanye made a song about Kanye / Called "I Miss the Old Kanye" / Man, that would be so Kanye / That's all it was, Kanye / We still love Kanye / And I still love you like Kanye loves Kanye." — Kanye West, "Feed Back"
5. "But you ain't gonna be raising your voice at me / Especially when we in the Guiseppe store." — Kanye West, "FML"
6. "You tried to play nice, everybody just took advantage / You left your fridge open, somebody just took a sandwich." — Kanye West, "Wolves"