January 13, 2014 @ 11:48 AM
Last night, the social media sphere was abuzz with all things Golden Globes (naturally!), and thanks to our partnership with Facebook, we have the scoop on who dominated digital conversations. Using the Red Carpet Talk Meter, we gauged the chatter around the Globes, and worked through the night to have all the information on what you loved most according to your status updates and comments! Scroll down to see who was the most talked-about male and female nominees, the most gabbed-about gowns, and the drool-worthy designers.
Women Who Were Nominated:
1. Jennifer Lawrence: Her second Golden Globe win for her performance in American Hustle and her much talked about Christian Dior dress rocked the social world.
2. Amy Poehler: The host also had everyone chatting away thanks to her first-ever win for Parks and Recreation and her hilarious sketch as Mr. Golden Globe.
3. Amy Adams: She wasn’t too far behind host Poehler and her American Hustle co-star Lawrence thanks to her gorgeous Grecian updo, and her big win for Best Actress in a Drama.
Men Who Were Nominated:
1. Leonardo DiCaprio: After being nominated nine times over the course of his career, DiCaprio won his second Golden Globe for The Wolf of Wall Street -- a victory that caused a flurry of Facebook comments.
2. Jared Leto: That man bun and a big win for Dallas Buyers Club put him in the Top 3.
3. Matthew McConaughey: A coordinating outfit with wife Camila Alves and his charming acceptance speech for Best Actor was enough to cause social media mayhem.
1. Chanel: Many ladies, including the lovely Emma Stone, were clad in the fashion house's designs.
2. Ralph Lauren: No surprise here! Lupita Nyong'o's Ralph Lauren dress was the most talked about look of the night (especially in our office!).
3. Gucci: Up-and-comer Margot Robbie wowed in a body-hugging Gucci gown that caused quite a stir. And who can forget mom-to-be Olivia Wilde's bump-baring ensemble?
1. Jimmy Choo: Kaley Cuoco and Julie Delpy were just two of the stars to wear the most searched for shoe designer of the night.
2. Christian Dior: Winner Jennifer Lawrence's Dior Couture dress was loved by many, as was Emma Watson's daring is-it-a-dress-or-is-it-pants look.
3. Christian Louboutin: Always a Hollywood favorite, these shoes were worn by Zoe Saldana, Sarah Paulson and Michelle Dockery, among others. Not to mention Emma Thompson's hilarious presenter speech using the shoes as a prop.
But those weren't the only moments that had us buzzing! See our 9 favorite moments and be sure to check out InStyle Fashion News Director Eric Wilson's Top 10 best-dressed stars from the night:
• Relive Our Golden Globes Viewing Party!
• Get Caught Up on the News You Missed During the Show
• See All the Stars Who Walked the Globes Red Carpet